Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Someone talked to someone: U2 will do Europe arena leg in April/May starting in Riga.
  2. I'd be tempted by Riga, always wanted to dig deep into Eastern Europe.

I think it's going to be countries they haven't hit this Autumn, like Austria, Czech, Switzerland, Norway, etc. But then again, some places they did touch like Spain, Germany, France and the UK - yet only two dates for each.
  3. I'd love if they'd come to the US again, maybe the southern US (since that's close to me)
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:I'd be tempted by Riga, always wanted to dig deep into Eastern Europe.

I think it's going to be countries they haven't hit this Autumn, like Austria, Czech, Switzerland, Norway, etc. But then again, some places they did touch like Spain, Germany, France and the UK - yet only two dates for each.
    They should come to Gothenburg... much better concert city (and my hometown).

I'd probably be able to make it somewhere like Norway or Denmark though. Hopefully somewhere else too.
  5. Rumoured cities are Helsinki, Madrid, Lisbon, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Hamburg and Manchester. And of course the rumour of Riga opening the leg being another city as well.

I think this will be two dates to a city.
  6. It's just too strange. Tours tend to get bigger as they progress, not smaller.

I would of course welcome that rumour and would do Madrid, Lisbon and Rome at the very least, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Hope to be proven wrong tho!
  7. That's true, but this could possibly mean U2 are maybe planning to tour it for a while. And maybe The Edge saying SOE being released at the end of 2016 is correct? They could tour all the way into 2017 for all we know.
  8. A late'16 SOE release would mean at least full 2017 and half 2018 touring - they might be a bit too old for 4 year tours. Just saying!
  9. Not necessarily. It might just be a couple of legs after SOE is released. They'll be tired, but also tickets won't sell brilliantly because they've been round the block a couple of times already.
  10. Good point. We tend to assume that it's U2 and ticket sales are always gonna be immense, but that might change if SOE is ignored by the wide audience (which it probably will) and they hit the same countries they're already toured in 2015 and 2016. Hmmm.

Assuming they won't tour the southern hemisphere outside the months of October-March (summer months down there)... Maybe it means they will release SOE after the 2016 EU&NA legs end (around November?), then give it a few months rest, go back on the road around February on South America and Australasia, and then back to Europe and/or North America for a final summer 2017 leg? It's all speculation and guesswork but that schedule might work.
  11. I'm willing to bet if they return to the States they won't skip the southeast again. If anything, they'll at least set up shop in Atlanta to make it more accessible for folks in our neck of the woods!

12. I don't think they can play Manchester Arena. I remember reading something when the tour was announced that the stage design would not fit because the Manchester Arena has a permanent scoreboard type thing from it's old Ice Hockey days above the GA area (shown below) that would be in the way of the screen and sound system the band obviously want to use. I know other arenas have them but this one is quite low and cannot move.

Hopefully not as I would love them to play there!!