Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by EthanD:[..]
    I guess because by that point we'd been waiting 8 years since the last shows here and watched 3 consecutive tours bypass us.
    I think after the 360 tour they made a conscience decision to scale back on touring and only play the most profitable countries and cities, I mean they've ignored Eastern Europe since 360 yet they have a big fanbase there but because they can't charge top dollar due to economic issues they don't bother playing there.
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:I thought 2019 was more interesting lead-up as there were some very funny loud folks on here swearing on their grandmothers' grave that no U2 shows would be happening down under.
    Some still say those shows never happened.
  3. Does anyone have an update on when the Heartland movie will be released in theaters or when / if U2 will release it on streaming services? Thanks.
  4. Originally posted by LostSailor:Does anyone have an update on when the Heartland movie will be released in theaters or when / if U2 will release it on streaming services? Thanks.
    2047: 30 Anniversary of the Tour!
  5. Every so often now I look back at videos of London 1 and Vancouver rehearsals from outside BC Place and I'm reminded what a great year that was. Bono's voice was crazy good then IMO.
  6. 2017 has aged better than it warranted at the time. I watch some Croke videos and barely recognise it as the show I was at. I regret that somewhat.
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Every so often now I look back at videos of London 1 and Vancouver rehearsals from outside BC Place and I'm reminded what a great year that was. Bono's voice was crazy good then IMO.
    I have a lot of fond memories sitting outside the BC place sucking in the rehearsals.

Get up at 6AM. Park the van into position. Walk back to hotel while listening to quick mix of last nights rehearsals. Occasionally stop at McDonalds for breakfast. Take a nap. Buddy & I wander on over at 11AM, check signal. Signal on--spend 20 minutes calibrating antennas. Wander down to the asian market area down the street, hit our favorite sushi place for lunch. Grab some small groceries at the Asian market. Mosey on back to van around 2PM, turn everything on. Listen to crew setting up. 4-6pm was band soundcheck time. Dinner break, which was usually snacks from asian market or costco hot dog. Then full show dress rehearsal from 9PM-11:30PM. I'd usually order some food from the Boston Pizza place right near the stadium, as only thing open that late for a late dinner. Park van back at hotel. Bang out a quick mix of the nights rehearsals, set to export, go to bed.

Get up the next day at 6AM and do the whole thing again for almost two weeks.

We called it very early on the Miss Sarajevo + Little Things encore was dead on arrival. Enjoyed hearing Little Things, but just a total misfire pacing wise to end the show.