1. Adam has got it in 1993
  2. You can hear a lot of click track in the zoo tv life from Sydney dvd. The intro into Lemon is pretty loud so maybe it was a combo of wedges and iem.
  3. They needed click tracks for all the backing stuff on ZOO TV such as the One string part, etc and it sounds like it comes off the wedges as well as through their in ears (although I didn't know there were zoo tv IEM recordings) - they're also write audible on Popmart so I imagine the click came out the wedges then as well - until zoo tv there wasn't really any kind of DAW so Larry's click was probably a hand-tapped click
  4. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:They needed click tracks for all the backing stuff on ZOO TV such as the One string part, etc and it sounds like it comes off the wedges as well as through their in ears (although I didn't know there were zoo tv IEM recordings) - they're also write audible on Popmart so I imagine the click came out the wedges then as well - until zoo tv there wasn't really any kind of DAW so Larry's click was probably a hand-tapped click
    Fascinating, thanks.
  5. ...plus Bono snippeting '(Do) The Hucklebuck' at the end. Nice share Hose, ty!
  6. Bono might have had the sniffles that day in rehearsals, but he was feeling goofy.
  7. All these IEM chat is the most interesting thing I've read since SOE came out, keep it coming

I knew the band used IEMs since early 1992, BUT I didn't know there were IEM recordings any earlier than 1997. Do they belong to some show that does not have a soundboard/broadcast recording too?
  8. "In Ear Monitors are devices used by performers to hear a mix of microphones and/or instrument pickups that are on the stage. They are often custom fitted to the individuals ears and provide a high level of noise reduction from stage noise. An IEM recording is a recording of this wireless audio feed, there can be a difference between an IEM recording from Bono's feed and the recording from Adam's for instance."

So wouldn't a Edge ear feed actually be Bono vocal heavy and a Bono ear feed would actually be guitar heavy Edge's feed?? So if you were to capture say Edge's guitar heavy feed it would actually be from Bono's IEM??
  9. Originally posted by fastcars:"In Ear Monitors are devices used by performers to hear a mix of microphones and/or instrument pickups that are on the stage. They are often custom fitted to the individuals ears and provide a high level of noise reduction from stage noise. An IEM recording is a recording of this wireless audio feed, there can be a difference between an IEM recording from Bono's feed and the recording from Adam's for instance."

So wouldn't a Edge ear feed actually be Bono vocal heavy and a Bono ear feed would actually be guitar heavy Edge's feed?? So if you were to capture say Edge's guitar heavy feed it would actually be from Bono's IEM??
    Erm, no, why would Edge want to hear Bono louder in the mix than his guitar and own vocals? They’re monitors. You monitor your own performance.
  10. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Erm, no, why would Edge want to hear Bono louder in the mix than his guitar and own vocals? They’re monitors. You monitor your own performance.
    I know you're right. This just got me thinking that Edge probably needs help in hearing bono better.

"Legend has it that the first floor monitors (also known as wedges) were used at one of those other-worldly Beatles arena concerts of the 1960’s. Upon arrival to Atlanta Stadium in 1965 the Fab Four found it impossible to hear their sound over the screaming cries of adolescent fan girls. In order for the Beatles to actually hear themselves playing, some of the speakers had to be turned around to face the band. Enter: The Stage Monitor."
  11. Read my post, they HAD to use it for the B stage. I'm saying for the entire show including the main stage. Adam was the last of the four to use it on a full time basis for the entire show.
  12. Does an IEM/AUD matrix exist for the 2nd Berlin night of I+E (25/09/15)?