1. I hope that I wasn't misunderstood when I said that I'm looking forward to IEMs for the tour coming out, and that I hope that the Nashville show gets released. I understand the time/money that tapers put into taping shows, and it irritates me when people ask for specific shows because of that. Fans being able to have IEM shows is a luxury.

However, I have no extra money and I don't see myself ever having the time to tape any U2 shows. I was glad just to be able to go to the two shows that I went to. I suppose from here on out I won't mention any shows that I hope come out.

That being said, props to all IEM tapers. Everything that does end up released is appreciated.
  2. I think this is one of they topics where because we’re having the discussion online misunderstandings can be had. I think a lot of people are keen to hear IEM recordings from the recent tour. However the vast majority aren’t wanting to push people to share it’s just a case of a comment that sounds like a request or demand being taken as a complement. If I was to say I look forward to all the iem recordings it’s not that everyone is saying release something now, hurry up, but more a case of when the odd IEM does inevitably show up people are very grateful for it. I’m not saying every comment means that but a lot of us are extremely grateful for some of the amazing recordings that do get shared, I wouldn’t dream of requesting a recording for a show (unless invited) now that I know the etiquette and imagining what goes into a recording but I hope tapers can also understand where fans are coming from when they make comments that are made more as a compliment than a request.
  3. I like this answer!!!
  4. I think there's some good sentiments above. Be happy when recordings are released, but don't expect or demand them. Not that everybody here has done that, but there are some.

Generally speaking, tapers are not motivated by folks asking or loudly requesting recordings. They'll release when they're fine and ready.

But there are some tapers, well one in particular, who like having public polls on what recording to release next. So not everybody fits into the above statement.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:I think there's some good sentiments above. Be happy when recordings are released, but don't expect or demand them. Not that everybody here has done that, but there are some.

Generally speaking, tapers are not motivated by folks asking or loudly requesting recordings. They'll release when they're fine and ready.

But there are some tapers, well one in particular, who like having public polls on what recording to release next. So not everybody fits into the above statement.
    So I've been taping Dylan shows the past few years. I'll take the plunge, what equipment do I need to do an IEM?
  6. You need to tape a band that uses IEMs.

(ie not Bob Dylan).

PM me if you want to talk details.
  7. Queen+Adam Lambert use IEM but they don't use the click...
  8. Here we are, so?

9. Today is 18 March...
  10. wow...

11. Tapers: we want IEM recordings!