1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Put them in the extras I didn't pay hard cash to watch them,also the singers outrageous and insensitive comments following the terrorist attacks which he made months afterwards makes it a valid reason for them not to be on it.
    I do agree with you there about the EODM singers comments in the aftermath of the attacks. I actually quite liked there performance with u2 and there own song at the time but wasn’t impressed with what he had to say. Easy for me to give a miss now.
  2. I prefer the EODM/U2 version of People Have the Power to Patti Smith's personally. Other than covering a Bruce song (very well I may add) she has nothing of interest for me musically or artistically.

I understand her place in punk rock especially in the NY scene but just because other artists like something or are influenced by it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it too.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    EODM didn’t ruin a u2 song though so the gig can be ended when the band finish playing one. Unfortunately you can’t remove Patti from Bad.

you can just as easy remove that last small addition from Bad. The Gloria snippet actually isn't that bad, but after that it's really horrible indeed. Don't think it takes away much of the show itself actually. It's great to have such a good concert on film.
  4. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

you can just as easy remove that last small addition from Bad. The Gloria snippet actually isn't that bad, but after that it's really horrible indeed. Don't think it takes away much of the show itself actually. It's great to have such a good concert on film.
    I’d agree it doesn’t take away too much from the show as a whole but when comparing to the next night it’s enough to bring it down from being slightly better to equal. If bad didn’t have Patti Smith on it I would have said the 6th was better. I agree though it’s great to have the show anyway.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Bob Dylan can’t sing anymore but I can appreciate his work and he doesn’t walk on stage with my favourite band and ruin some of there great songs. Stick to what they’re good at. Patti Smith’s own work isn’t of interest to me, her ruining u2 songs is.

Matters to Bono
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Put them in the extras I didn't pay hard cash to watch them,also the singers outrageous and insensitive comments following the terrorist attacks which he made months afterwards makes it a valid reason for them not to be on it.

He made a statement on a political issue.
  7. Inviting them on stage was a great gesture. A concert film is a capture of a moment in time. It was a great moment.
  8. He should have kept his mouth shut ,straight out of the Trump book of stupidity and downright insulting to all of the victims families.
  9. He was almost a victim himself.
  10. Sure even management of the Bataclan refused him entry for the reopening of the venue for his sick and warped comments and that he was no longer welcome there,that says it all.
  11. [Not sure if this was picked up at the time (it probably was but I can't spend ages wading [ through 100s of pages of multiple forums 😅) but]

Have just watched a proshot of WOWY from 11/11/15 and Adam plays a tiny little snippet of Love Will Tear Us Apart that I'd never noticed before, and I just thought it was awesome and a reminder that while 99% of snippets come from Bono, some of the best come from the other guys!
  12. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[Not sure if this was picked up at the time (it probably was but I can't spend ages wading [ through 100s of pages of multiple forums 😅) but]

Have just watched a proshot of WOWY from 11/11/15 and Adam plays a tiny little snippet of Love Will Tear Us Apart that I'd never noticed before, and I just thought it was awesome and a reminder that while 99% of snippets come from Bono, some of the best come from the other guys!
    Hahaha, you're right! Good catch. It's so subtle... Brilliant Adam. 3:35 mark.