1. And the "SAGA" continues will the "Mystery BAD"" ever be FOUND?????
    That is the million dollar QUESTION???????????????????????????
  2. I got the chrisedge source. Will do a quality check and post a sample of Bad if it sounds anywhere near SB quality

3. Sorry to chip in, but... A great audience recording, one of these with little audience noise, could easily pass as a soundboard- even more so when listened through a noisy pub PA. Just sayin'.
  4. That intro reminds me of this
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Sorry to chip in, but... A great audience recording, one of these with little audience noise, could easily pass as a soundboard- even more so when listened through a noisy pub PA. Just sayin'.
    Definitely could but good drums, bass and vocals properly filled out a big room. If only I could go back.
  6. If you could, we know you would
  7. Come on people we wanna hear this Mystery "BAD" ???
  8. Although Gerard ruled out 2001-08-21 London - Earl's Court, you guys might have heard it from the silver cd bootleg The Heart Is A Bloom
    ...perhaps that made the difference?

Unfortunately the latter bootleg is not (yet?) up in our show page, so I don't know if that has soundboard quality, but I've uploaded the 2 (quite excellent) audience recordings I have from that date - and included the relevant samples

At least it was good to update that audio page

9. Someone at u2torrents was kind enough to seed the Heart Is A Bloom bootleg, so that is up on the
    2001-08-21 Earl's Court show page as well.

I don't think it will solve the Mystery Bad puzzle though

Although it is again an excellent (4 star) bootleg, it is definitely not a soundboard, nor do I think it will be mistaken for one.
    I can not tell if this one is sourced from one of the already known recordings - as it was most likely processed/remastered
    or something - or from a 3rd (or even 4th source).

It just makes sense to me is that IF you guys heard something from this London show (with qualifying Bad/Fool To Cry/40)
    in a pub, it was played from a silver bootleg. Not necessarily, but more likely than not.

And the other thing that I could think of was that, while in Dublin, you guys might actually have heard a soundboard from
    Slane 1 (2001-08-25). And while this does not circulate publically, it could be held in closed circles.
    I remember that while we were queuing for one of the Dublin i+e shows, a bloke told me that all Dublin shows had have soundboard recordings...because it was Dublin. I thought he was just boasting, but maybe he wasn't...

Anyway, it was fun diving in to this mystery (always like a good one!) and it resulted in me having the Earl's Court Elevation
    bootleg on iPod (I prefer the F.M. recording)

10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[image]
    Someone at u2torrents was kind enough to seed the Heart Is A Bloom bootleg, so that is up on the

Although it is again an excellent (4 star) bootleg, it is definitely not a soundboard, not do I think it will be mistaken for one.
    I can not tell if this one is sourced from one of the already known recordings - as it was most likely processed/remastered

It just makes sense to me is that IF you guys heard something from this London show (with qualifying Bad/Fool To Cry/40)
    in a pub, it was played from a silver bootleg. Not necessarily, but more likely than not.

And the other thing that I could think of was that, while in Dublin, you guys might actually have heard a soundboard from
    Slane 1 (2001-08-25). And while this does not circulate publically, it could be held in closed circles.
    I remember that while we were queuing for one of the Dublin i+e shows, a bloke told me that all Dublin shows had soundboard recordings...because it was Dublin. I thought he was just boasting, but maybe he wasn't...

Anyway, it was fun diving in to this mystery (always like a good one!) and it resulted in me having the Earl's Court Elevation

Makes sense or could have been cd ripped from slane 8-25-01 DVD??? Don't give up hope we'll find the mystery bad eventually???,
  11. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[image]
    Someone at u2torrents was kind enough to seed the Heart Is A Bloom bootleg, so that is up on the

Although it is again an excellent (4 star) bootleg, it is definitely not a soundboard, not do I think it will be mistaken for one.

I remember that while we were queuing for one of the Dublin i+e shows, a bloke told me that all Dublin shows had soundboard recordings...because it was Dublin. I thought he was just boasting, but maybe he wasn't...

All Dublin shows had have soundboard recordings...because it was Dublin is U2 and they record all of their shows since the early 80s.

And sadly not even a 5% of them are widely available. Disgraceful.