1. I guess I’ll have to go download the show to see if it’s viable then.
  2. So here’s the thing. There’s no way that this can be filed under anything other than inconclusive. I only wish at the time that I paid more attention to the performance rather than being mystified at what sounded like an official release. As soon as I realised that it wasn’t official, my brain was thinking what fecking bootleg is this and why haven’t I heard it?

Did I even think of pulling my phone out and hitting record on a voice memo? Nope. God I only wished I was six pints deep by that point in the day so that I could have blamed the booze.

This thread has been a source of massive enjoyment and will go down as one of the great. It must be bumped at least annually. Or maybe somebody new will read it and know exactly what it was.

3. Ha the memories. Thinking how cool is it that they have the South Bend recording then snippet time. What also bothers me is that somebody went to the hassle of playing what was most likely a random 2001 performance of Bad but didn’t leave it running for the segue into Streets.
  4. London 21.8.01 is probably the best candidate. I think Bono falsetto’d more or Fool to Cry in the mystery version but it at least fits the correct format of a few Edge chimes, Fool to Cry then 40.

Blah. See you all next year.
  5. misunderstood ger and thought he'd come around on Providence.

one of my all-time favorite threads on U2start, and that's saying something. let's keep the mystery bad alive.
  6. Can somebody re-write the Bad snippet (tion+) with only Covid terms?
  7. This desperation
    Separation
    Condemnation
    Revelation
    In temptation

Isolation
    Desolation
    Isolation
    Let it go
    A-ha
  8. This desperation
    Of Respiration
    Isolation
    Vaccination
    Liberation
    Let it go..
  9. I'm wide awake, I'm not coughing.
  10. Thank you! Day made.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:Me and Ross1441 are in the Hard Rock in Temple Bar and they just played a live version of Bad. Definite 100% soundboard and likely Elevation. It featured a long intro before Bono started singing and finished with Fool To Cry and 40 snippets.

Wtf is it?

Anyone checked this one:

Dave Fanning's Best Of Irish Rock Volume 1
    Track 2 is U2 Bad (live) 7:55