1. He probably bought the house for him to live in but kept the deed in his own name!
  2. Some pro shot footage of the 1st night in Sydney where Adam's bass technician fills in for him around the 3 minute mark .

3. Nice find! And a great watch.

It's truly exceptional that the first Sydney gig is infamous for being the only regular tour show that was missed by any U2 member. 45 years playing gigs and just this one show? Wow.
  4. Adam was "struck down with a 24h bug" 🤔
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Nice find! And a great watch.

It's truly exceptional that the first Sydney gig is infamous for being the only regular tour show that was missed by any U2 member. 45 years playing gigs and just this one show? Wow.
    I've been in jobs where certain employees would be out sick at least once a month ,Adam misses one gig and it makes world headlines thankfully he got himself together, TBH I'm surprised that they all kept it together for so long most bands who get mega success usually go off the rails or split up and not many have scaled the heights U2 have.
  6. That's an incredible treasure trove of archival Australian media footage.

I only attended the second night on that tour so missed out on Adam being absent. Had I gone, that would have been a rare tour memory - to witness the only show with one band member missing and be at the recording of the televised show.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I've been in jobs where certain employees would be out sick at least once a month ,Adam misses one gig and it makes world headlines thankfully he got himself together, TBH I'm surprised that they all kept it together for so long most bands who get mega success usually go off the rails or split up and not many have scaled the heights U2 have.
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Even for rock bands it's pretty normal that some member(s) miss some shows or even full legs or tours...
  8. It's amazing that Stuart Morgan pulled it off at such short notice. Of course, some songs are easy to play on bass. With half a day of preparation I could probably play 60-80% of the set (as I have played those songs on bass before), but a whole show and on stage in front of an audience is a completely different thing...

Did he really play himself on all songs or did they fly in some parts that were pre-recorded, probably tracks played by Adam at previous shows?
    I'm thinking of songs like Even Better, Until the end, Lemon... which can go horribly wrong if the bass part isn't right.
  9. Originally posted by Papo:It's amazing that Stuart Morgan pulled it off at such short notice. Of course, some songs are easy to play on bass. With half a day of preparation I could probably play 60-80% of the set (as I have played those songs on bass before), but a whole show and on stage in front of an audience is a completely different thing...

Did he really play himself on all songs or did they fly in some parts that were pre-recorded, probably tracks played by Adam at previous shows?
    I'm thinking of songs like Even Better, Until the end, Lemon... which can go horribly wrong if the bass part isn't right.
    Yeah it's amazing. I'm pretty sure all the techs know the basics of each song and have the skills to play them, but the details, nuances and effects? No way. I hadn't ever thought that they could have used pre-recorded bass parts. They were all using IEMs and pre-recorded backing tracks by then so it's a possibility, but preparing all that in a couple of hours (let's not forget Adam pulled off the show shortly before it was supposed to take place) would have been mayhem. It would be great to have a nice audio recording of the show so we could judge if Stuart was playing himself or not, but sadly the existing recording is crap
  10. The same thing has happened with ZZTOP this summer. The tech is now the bassist.