2005-04-01 - Anaheim
Tour: Vertigo Tour
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Time to get warmed up for Paris on TV
  2. Thanks for the show Tim, it made doing house work fly by!

Can't wait for the next show!
  3. Actually, that's not that. We have an interview with Joyce (BigGiRL) who attended this show!

--------
    You attended five of the first six shows of the Vertigo Tour, how was it to see the band in the early stages of a worldwide tour?
    It was absolutely fantastic! I mean, apart from being with two very special friends, seeing + hearing U2 in concert and being in California in the Spring, it was great to hear the new songs and some real old ones. Songs like An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Cry-The Electric Co/ Gloria and The Ocean were absolutely fantastic to hear live. Also the inclusion of a little ZOO TV set with The Fly and Zoo Station was great. In fact there was very little to complain (I don’t recall being much upset by missing Bad).
    But mind you, that I was able to do this; to travel that far to see U2 almost 9,000 km’s from home was very, very special. I mean, everything was awesome and I felt like a star... (we went to all sorts of parties; “pre,” “after,” and god-knows-what!)

Tonight we revisited the first Anaheim show, what are your memories of that night?
    Well part of the story of Anaheim 1 went back to San Diego 2. The opening night was perhaps one of the best opening nighs ever, but it seemed that the following night had to pay the price. Highlight of San Diego 2 was “40” with-a-restart.
    We heard that after SD2 there was an emergency band meeting in some hotelroom and that Bono promised to do better.
    So expectations were already laid down, as I recall.
    What I remember foremost was that the three of us were deeply moved by the show and we went out with the tears still in our eyes.

The show had a particularly interesting setlist, was that something you noticed on the night? Looking back, do you think it worked?
    We definitely noticed the different opening: Love And Peace Or Else, followed by Sunday Bloody Sunday! The other remarkable thing was that Bono hardly said anything in between songs and that the band was really playing their hearts out! It surely worked for that night, but I think that the Vertigo shows were better balanced with the SBS-BTBS part in the middle, as in the remainder of the tour.
    But Anaheim was unforgettable – still in my all time top 10 of attended shows, I guess...

What was your personal highlight of the Vertigo Tour? Is there anything that you miss from that era?
    Highlight of that tour were the two shows in Boston that I attended in December 2005. I have never seen U2 that good...seriously! I mean, both the Dublin and the Amsterdam crowd are amazing, but the Boston crowd is something else. Those 2 shows had incredible setlists (e.g. Crumbs, Bad, Fast Cars) but they were nothing in comparison to Pride and Streets that night. To be part of those two songs that night is still truly beyond words.
    O...anything I miss? Gee...don’t know really. Been there and I wish I had bought me some more t-shirts! I am glad though that U2 returned to playing arena’s this tour. Can’t wait for the next one!

----------

Thanks, Joyce!
  4. Thank you very much. Next up...U2: Innocence and Experience Live in Paris, BBC Two, 10pm. Cannot wait!!
  5. Me neither! I've been on a break from the ieTour since Paris so it will be nice to relive those memories again. Looking forward to it.
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Actually, that's not that. We have an interview with Joyce (BigGiRL) who attended this show!

--------
    You attended five of the first six shows of the Vertigo Tour, how was it to see the band in the early stages of a worldwide tour?
    It was absolutely fantastic! I mean, apart from being with two very special friends, seeing + hearing U2 in concert and being in California in the Spring, it was great to hear the new songs and some real old ones. Songs like An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Cry-The Electric Co/ Gloria and The Ocean were absolutely fantastic to hear live. Also the inclusion of a little ZOO TV set with The Fly and Zoo Station was great. In fact there was very little to complain (I don’t recall being much upset by missing Bad).
    But mind you, that I was able to do this; to travel that far to see U2 almost 9,000 km’s from home was very, very special. I mean, everything was awesome and I felt like a star... (we went to all sorts of parties; “pre,” “after,” and god-knows-what!)

Tonight we revisited the first Anaheim show, what are your memories of that night?
    Well part of the story of Anaheim 1 went back to San Diego 2. The opening night was perhaps one of the best opening nighs ever, but it seemed that the following night had to pay the price. Highlight of San Diego 2 was “40” with-a-restart.
    We heard that after SD2 there was an emergency band meeting in some hotelroom and that Bono promised to do better.
    So expectations were already laid down, as I recall.
    What I remember foremost was that the three of us were deeply moved by the show and we went out with the tears still in our eyes.

The show had a particularly interesting setlist, was that something you noticed on the night? Looking back, do you think it worked?
    We definitely noticed the different opening: Love And Peace Or Else, followed by Sunday Bloody Sunday! The other remarkable thing was that Bono hardly said anything in between songs and that the band was really playing their hearts out! It surely worked for that night, but I think that the Vertigo shows were better balanced with the SBS-BTBS part in the middle, as in the remainder of the tour.
    But Anaheim was unforgettable – still in my all time top 10 of attended shows, I guess...

What was your personal highlight of the Vertigo Tour? Is there anything that you miss from that era?
    Highlight of that tour were the two shows in Boston that I attended in December 2005. I have never seen U2 that good...seriously! I mean, both the Dublin and the Amsterdam crowd are amazing, but the Boston crowd is something else. Those 2 shows had incredible setlists (e.g. Crumbs, Bad, Fast Cars) but they were nothing in comparison to Pride and Streets that night. To be part of those two songs that night is still truly beyond words.
    O...anything I miss? Gee...don’t know really. Been there and I wish I had bought me some more t-shirts! I am glad though that U2 returned to playing arena’s this tour. Can’t wait for the next one!

----------

Thanks, Joyce!
    this interview was form that moment or she did answered a few days back ?
  7. From a few days ago
  8. is good to see that she enjoyed so much a Vertigo show and keeps now even being on 360 and IE shows ....this is good for the Vertigo shows defenders like myself