1992-05-22 - Milan
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 2
  1. Maybe Bono should claim himself as a satanic illuminati, to stay relevant with today's kids
  2. Or gave the tickets to the guy who lost.
  3. What's worse: it was the public who decided to give the tickets to him, knowing he'll eat them
  4. This is how degenerate media has become in the last 10-20 years. TV / Radio anything for shock value. Sad really.
  5. Bono is a shapeshifter?

6. This guys a bit of a clown too...

7. pick it up in the new topic.
  8. Listening to this show again now, its so awesome.
  9. I could listen to that variation of the Bad solo on loop for years. Amazing
  10. What alter-ego is Bono taking the form of between the Bullet the Blue Sky solo, and the end of the main set? Is he still The Fly? A crew member? Is it Mirrorball Man taking a peak before his dramatic entrance?

Also, going off video, it appears that Bono sometimes wore his Zooropean uniform during the Zooropa leg. Who is that?

I'm definitely reading into this too much; but I didn't know if either of these costumes had actual names/associated characters.
  11. Originally posted by SlightedRadio91:What alter-ego is Bono taking the form of between the Bullet the Blue Sky solo, and the end of the main set? Is he still The Fly? A crew member? Is it Mirrorball Man taking a peak before his dramatic entrance?
    The Sydney DVD booklet refers to this persona as "the anti-smack commando". It's based on their security chief Jerry Mele: https://www.u2interference.com/threads/merged-running-military-connection-bonos-dedication-on-running-to-stand-stil.129518/#post-2465566

Do you mean he wore the uniform on stage? I know the other band members did (Adam during the Zooropa leg, Edge and Larry on the final leg) but I think I've only seen Bono wear it in photoshoots and the Lemon video, which is what they were designed for. I'm not aware of there being any character associated with it.