1. Hi Guys,

Ive come to the conclusion that my current desktop pc cannot handle the strains of modern video editing Im currently running an Intel Core 2 CPU 6700@2.66hz with 4Gb of Ram and an Nvidia graphics card ( I know its an ancient system ) so the plan is to get a new system,but I want to make sure I buy something that will be up to the task. So I suppose im looking for some advice on what Processor and how much ram I need for video editing etc?

Cheers Guys

Kev
  2. Hey Kev Well done for realizing this.

If you're editing 1080p / 4K footage then you need 8 GB of RAM at the very least, and a more powerful processor (intel core i5 or i7, preferably the H series instead of the more common U series which suffer a bit of overheat). Otherwise, editing would take you a million years and the result wont just be as good as if you had a computer capable of handling that stuff properly.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Hey Kev Well done for realizing this.

If you're editing 1080p / 4K footage then you need 8 GB of RAM at the very least, and a more powerful processor (intel core i5 or i7, preferably the H series instead of the more common U series which suffer a bit of overheat). Otherwise, editing would take you a million years and the result wont just be as good as if you had a computer capable of handling that stuff properly.
    Thanks likeasong
  4. Got a Dell i7 2nd gen 3.4ghz with turbo boost,1Gb nvidia graphics card and 8Gb of ram plus 2Tb harddrive. Some serious difference compared to what I was using