1. All the versions of LIB are excellent !!!
  2. I've heard covers of LIB, there was an advert in the UK last year or the year before for something or other (I can't remember what for) but a female vocalist, it sounded like Emlie Sande. Not sure if it was her, but it was okay. Not as good as the original mind!
  3. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:I've heard covers of LIB, there was an advert in the UK last year or the year before for something or other (I can't remember what for) but a female vocalist, it sounded like Emlie Sande. Not sure if it was her, but it was okay. Not as good as the original mind!
    See previous page....
  4. Originally posted by fleavox:Hi

Do you want to know the best show, or the best performance in this song? I believe you reffers to the song... so...

Love is Blindness is my fave Zoo TV song (with Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World)... I like several performances and have two favorites versions:

1992-03-05 Atlanta: Extended version with 2 Edge's outro solos, both sounds different than usual but the last sounds epic

1992-06-04 Dortmund: Extended version with long Edge's outro solo and good work between Adam and Larry... September 1913 is snippeted at end... my 2 fave versions

Special mention also for:

1992-05-31 London Similar to Dortmund, but without work with bass and drums at end... September 1913 and Aedh Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven are snippeted

1992-06-13 Kiel One of my fave shows ever... but in Love is Blindness, similar to Dortmund, with extended solo (more extended than Dortmund and London) but without good drums and bass at end like Dortmund

1993-07-29 Oslo Good solo at end and special mention for All Along The Watchtower snippeted at end

I might have to download a few of these versions.
  5. The only reason I was really looking forward to an Achtung 30 tour was because I would LOVE to hear U2 play this song again. I was 13 when I first saw the Sydney DVD, and that guitar solo in LIB is the main reason I felt inspired to start playing guitar. Now I’m 40, and still playing… although I’ve never tried to play that solo.

I really hope they play it in full someday.
  6. Originally posted by podiumboy:The only reason I was really looking forward to an Achtung 30 tour was because I would LOVE to hear U2 play this song again. I was 13 when I first saw the Sydney DVD, and that guitar solo in LIB is the main reason I felt inspired to start playing guitar. Now I’m 40, and still playing… although I’ve never tried to play that solo.

I really hope they play it in full someday.
    It's a rather easy solo Bullet The Blue Sky from that same DVD is much harder, for example! Keep it up and you'll play it sooner than you think

7. For me first Atlanta already quoted
    Ans second New York
  8. Love this interview. What i wouldn't give to hear that first guitar solo!
  9. Great interview!
    It might be the Baby Love Is Blindness?
  10. I doubt it, as that version is in a completely different key