1. Originally posted by Soundwall:[..]
    Hoovers? We were a bit late, so the arena was about half full when i entered. So maybe yes. I remember Bono singing Redemption Song of Bob Marley. That was so cool.
    So after much Googling this weekend trying to get to the bottom of this distant memory, I did find a little something about it elsewhere..

http://www.atu2.com/news/he-created-u2s-giant-man-eating-hooverand-now-rob-has-designs-on-the-news-festival-float.html

Can't find any pics of them anywhere though. I don't recall them after Cologne, though they may have been at the other shows and I just dont remember. I do recall instead of being called Hoovers, they were called Zoovers and they were pretty tall.

2. Cheers, glad you made it through to the end Never intended to write that much!

I'm lucky as I suppose living in Europe its been easier to see so many shows down the years than many other places.

You wouldn't envy my bank balance though lol - in a way I'm still paying for it all these years later. I wouldn't change a thing though and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I envy all those that got to see them pre 1992, especially on the JT tree. I've met one or two people through the years who have seen them a crazy amount of times that dwarf my 31 shows.
  3. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]

Cheers, glad you made it through to the end Never intended to write that much!

I'm lucky as I suppose living in Europe its been easier to see so many shows down the years than many other places.

You wouldn't envy my bank balance though lol - in a way I'm still paying for it all these years later. I wouldn't change a thing though and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I envy all those that got to see them pre 1992, especially on the JT tree. I've met one or two people through the years who have seen them a crazy amount of times that dwarf my 31 shows.
    I m sorry for you bank balance hahaha ..and it s true about living in Europe is easier to see many shows , almost the same in USA