1. Search on the interwebs. You can find what you are looking for and how to get it rather easily. Those videos were on YouTube, that's a good place to start.
  2. Originally posted by fabian:Like I mentioned, I already own Achtung Baby and Zooropa on vinyl and From the Sky Down and Zoo TV on DVD. I am merely interested in the sixth disk to listen to it once, maybe twice, and wish to do so legally while not spending over 121 dollars for some demos. The videos posted by Sergio above my post are actually part of what I am looking for, so clearly it is within the boundaries of this site.

I thought my request was fair, but it does not seem like it will be very fruitful. Too bad.
    Hey Fabian, nice to hear from you again

Your request was indeed fair but I'm afraid these songs are NOT available for legal streaming at all - they just haven't been uploaded by the band. You can "get" them rather easily as bonoschild says in the post above but I'm afraid there's no way to do it legally.
  3. Just listened to EBTTRT for the first time in ages and I fucking loved it. Wow. The groove, the Prince vibes??, and the “Gimme gimme the real thing.

I would love to see what a DJ/Producer could do with this now.
  4. just relistened to this whole demo of ab, and wow, what an exotic raw product it already was before it was even finished. i still can’t decide if wgrywh and one are better in this one or in the finished version. i feel like this demo reflects the band and especially Bono’s bad period that he was going through, but it’s in those times that U2 get to dream out loud. what do you think?
  5. indeed, it's truly masterpiece, in some way it's demo, but this is very close to proper AB, however, it's still good, very good piece of music

as you say - Wild Horses, hard to judge which version is better
  6. Wild Horses (Baby Version) >>>> Wild Horses (Final Version)
  7. Wild horses is the stand out track and, yes, better than the final version. The opening line is an incredible historical artefact of how long Bono had the notion of innocence and experience in his songwriting tool box before it evolved into the albums.
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Wild horses is the stand out track and, yes, better than the final version. The opening line is an incredible historical artefact of how long Bono had the notion of innocence and experience in his songwriting tool box before it evolved into the albums.
    Opening lyric "You’re innocence, I’m experience"....well
  9. It goes further back than that. When they recorded "Beautiful Ghost" during the Joshua Tree sessions, the lyrics ("Hear the voice of the bard who present, past, and future sees...") are by William Blake, the great English pre-romantic poet, visual artist, visionary.

The poem is the opening poem in the "Experience" half of his amazing collection of lyric poems called, wait for it, "Songs of Innocence and Experience", published 1789.

So there.

And I agree, that "baby" version has an urgency the final version lacks. Some great lyrics, too. It's true that you can overcook a song (something U2 seems increasingly guilty of over the decades). Not that the album version isn't one of my favorite songs ever. I even love the earlier demo drafts of that song that you can find on bootlegs. It's a great one in every incarnation.
  10. Gonna dust off the Hansa recordings and give them a listen again for old times sake
  11. "I Lie
    You made it True"
  12. The Baby Version is clearly unfinished - the vocal melody is awkward in places and there’s some lyrics that need ironed out - but overall I like it a lot better than the final version. If they had just polished that version a little and released it, it would’ve been one of my favorite tracks on the album, whereas the album version is towards the bottom of the album for me (still a good song though!)