1. I agree with your choices, and I know how is hard to select only few shows from many, but I really missed 1985-02-05 - Bologna... what a performance, sound, crowd, great bootleg!!

also some concerts that I love:

1982-02-11 - New Orleans: One of the best of young U2, great recording, solid performance, and very listenable Adam's backing vocals on Fire

1985-04-30 - Jacksonville: One of the most underrated concerts ever, only 350 downloads and 2 reviews (pato's review and mine)... another solid concert with amazing performances of The Unforgettable Fire and Party Girl, only low is the cut in the middle of Bad (but still great performance)

1987-11-24 - Fort Worth: Isn't exactly an underrated, but many great performances here (amazing versions of Gloria and Running to Stand Still), band was inspired by BB King (debut of When Love Comes to Town with a long version)
  2. 1983-6-23 - Having been there, I'd need this one on the list.

I have a great silver pressed CD of the Lido Beach show, and it is, in fact, an amazing show!

I will add 1981-05-21 in Buffalo also as this was my 1st ever U2 show as wee small lad of 12, and 1982-03-04 as it was a shortened set, and the only time I've seen U2 as an opening act, but it was brilliant nevertheless.

This might be against the rules, but you all know I need to put my two cents in sometimes!
  3. I wish we could do a top 40 shows of the 80's alone. Naturally, the list will be missing some of your favorite shows.
    For me, I love the 1981-11-14 Boston show at the Orpheum Theater. One of the shows that consolidated U2 in Boston and superb FM broadcast.
    The UF shows in Glasgow were legendary too, the JT Brussels show, Lovetown Paris, etc.
    Impossible to include all.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I wish we could do a top 40 shows of the 80's alone. Naturally, the list will be missing some of your favorite shows.
    For me, I love the 1981-11-14 Boston show at the Orpheum Theater. One of the shows that consolidated U2 in Boston and superb FM broadcast.
    The UF shows in Glasgow were legendary too, the JT Brussels show, Lovetown Paris, etc.
    Impossible to include all.
    The 1981-3-6 show at The Paradise in Boston is a marquee show, too.
  5. A great list! There are a couple on here I don't think I've listened to yet... time to go check 'em out!

Glad to see 1982-12-06 at the Hammersmith Palais on the list - this one of my absolute favourite live recordings, and probably my most-listened to show!
  6. 1982-12-02 - Manchester, England - Apollo Theater is a complete classic, too!
  7. Also check 1984-10-23 - Nantes, France - St. Herblain. One of the best sounding shows from The Unforgettable Fire tour, and one of Bono's vocal peaks. Including a great and rare performance of Indian Summer Sky. I do not agree with Remy that the Milan 1985-02-04 Indian Summer Sky was the best performance of this song. The Nantes version is a lot better in my view.

I like the Saint Herblain Hospatlier bootleg. I believe this is a different bootleg than the one available on U2start.
  8. Devore 1983 is just amazing too , anyway good list
  9. Veeery good Surrender if I recall. It was one of the first boots I listened to (and I believe my first review on this site), and I remember having my eyes opened to what a great song Surrender was after having never thought much of it on the War album before.
  10. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Veeery good Surrender if I recall. It was one of the first boots I listened to (and I believe my first review on this site), and I remember having my eyes opened to what a great song Surrender was after having never thought much of it on the War album before.
    It was almost perfect