1993-08-28 - Dublin
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 9
Videos: 1
  1. you haven't heard of cynism? I thought at least the Dancing Queen part was quite obvious. You can review whatever you want, maybe you can even sent the results to the band so they can learn from it. You can try to find the best U2 show ever, but it's not a competition and also you can't compare apples to oranges. Dublin '93 might be (one of) the best U2 bootleg(s), but I don't think it's necessarily (one of) the best Zoo TV show(s). It's hard to compare without having all the shows in same quality with same amount of audience noise mixed in. Pure setlistwise there were more complete shows, like Verona 1. Luckily that one also got a pretty good recording as well.
  2. I wouldn’t say Verona was a more complete show Setlist wise. A couple of covers thrown in + ISHFWILF vs Stay and Numb, I’ll have the latter please.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:I wouldn’t say Verona was a more complete show Setlist wise. A couple of covers thrown in + ISHFWILF vs Stay and Numb, I’ll have the latter please.
    you're right, I forgot that it was missing Stay . That would be a tricky choice. With all the new songs being mixed in it's even harder to find a representative show that suits everyone. You said before you don't like Zoo TV Desire, I think it's brilliant. It's all very subjective.
  4. Originally posted by Ricku2:you haven't heard of cynism? I thought at least the Dancing Queen part was quite obvious. You can review whatever you want, maybe you can even sent the results to the band so they can learn from it. You can try to find the best U2 show ever, but it's not a competition and also you can't compare apples to oranges. Dublin '93 might be (one of) the best U2 bootleg(s), but I don't think it's necessarily (one of) the best Zoo TV show(s). It's hard to compare without having all the shows in same quality with same amount of audience noise mixed in. Pure setlistwise there were more complete shows, like Verona 1. Luckily that one also got a pretty good recording as well.
    You are too analytical to be any fun. I only said that Dublin 93 just delivers strong in every single facet to be one of the most complete U2 shows and recordings ever. There’s a reason it’s one of the reference shows any time a newcomer asks for the best.

Lighten up a little.
  5. Give yourselves a listen to 12th August 1993 (if you haven’t already) Stellar set list & stellar performance.4 Zooropa songs on the spin mid set,epic BTBS & epic Bad.It does make the top 90’s shows list here.

IMHO Dublin 28th is the definitive performance & recording of that leg of the tour.Like Ger says,any newcomer is advised that this is the best.
  6. Originally posted by gmc:Give yourselves a listen to 12th August 1993 (if you haven’t already) Stellar set list & stellar performance.4 Zooropa songs on the spin mid set,epic BTBS & epic Bad.It does make the top 90’s shows list here.

IMHO Dublin 28th is the definitive performance & recording of that leg of the tour.Like Ger says,any newcomer is advised that this is the best.
    I’d take any of those Wembley shows for a time warp show.
  7. 12th August & 21st August shows at Wembley I was at.Very seldom listen to the 21st,the 12th is by far the better performance.
  8. Originally posted by gmc:[..]
    12th August & 21st August shows at Wembley I was at.Very seldom listen to the 21st,the 12th is by far the better performance.
    The first two nights have those cracking recordings and rightly get all the attention. The lesser spotted two shows are great too. Four nights at Wembley was huge. I know the second set of shows didn’t sell out but still hugely ambitious.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    The first two nights have those cracking recordings and rightly get all the attention. The lesser spotted two shows are great too. Four nights at Wembley was huge. I know the second set of shows didn’t sell out but still hugely ambitious.
    Yeah,the Fracoda remasters of all 4 shows ‘Wembley Nights’ The 21st show is commonly known as ‘Last Night At Rainbley’ it rained,I can only remember it raining during the B stage set.

4 shows consecutive,with maybe a day break in between,may have been better for bigger crowds.They did 2 shows in between,Leeds & Cardiff I think.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I wouldn’t say Verona was a more complete show Setlist wise. A couple of covers thrown in + ISHFWILF vs Stay and Numb, I’ll have the latter please.
    I'd take that show over any for the Pearl Jam support slot + ZooTV. But I'm biased.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    You are too analytical to be any fun. I only said that Dublin 93 just delivers strong in every single facet to be one of the most complete U2 shows and recordings ever. There’s a reason it’s one of the reference shows any time a newcomer asks for the best.

Lighten up a little.
    we'll see. That's also up to you and your friends. You can't just expect others to move on after one of your friends is making insults like he did and another one suddenly shutting the topic down with one last sneer. And then on Monday having the irony of you declaring a show that you didn't attend and that's missing possibly the most significant U2 snippet ever as maybe their best show. I know it's not 100% comparable, but I couldn't withstand to get cynical about that. If only you could have figured out last saturday that 'you were not there' is a pretty weak argument when it's not relevant. I hope you guys at least try to understand what I'm saying. Then maybe we can move on.
  12. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    we'll see. That's also up to you and your friends. You can't just expect others to move on after one of your friends is making insults like he did and another one suddenly shutting the topic down with one last sneer. And then on Monday having the irony of you declaring a show that you didn't attend and that's missing possibly the most significant U2 snippet ever as maybe their best show. I know it's not 100% comparable, but I couldn't withstand to get cynical about that. If only you could have figured out last saturday that 'you were not there' is a pretty weak argument when it's not relevant. I hope you guys at least try to understand what I'm saying. Then maybe we can move on.
    I’m sorry but I just don’t understand what you are saying. Dublin 93 can’t be the best U2 show because it’s missing a significant snippet? But wasn’t it some people’s opinion that a snippet choice in Dublin 2017 kinda detracted from the show what you took issue with at the weekend?

Dublin 1993 isn’t even my favourite U2 show of 1993, much less my favourite U2 show ever. I only said that it’s pretty much the perfect package in terms of U2 live. A perfect recording of a flawless performance at a time when ZooTV finally got some Zooropa material. It is thee de facto U2 show that everyone should own. Whether it’s somebody’s favourite or not is entirely their own preference. I didn’t think that saying the show lives up to this moniker of being an essential download would result in such debate.