1. So basically, they're gonna sell this record to Elizium and Fly40...
  2. big LOL at everything above this post
  3. This is actually an interesting phenomenon because it clearly shows the clashing of two different cultures in the consumption of music. Album sales have long been the standard of success, but with everyone moving away from physical and/or digital ownership of media towards streaming, I doubt this will be the case anymore.

On an unrelated note, I think this is why Apple killed their iPod Nano line, which pisses me off because I want to own the music files I listen to and the iPod Nano was the perfect device for listening to music on the go.
  4. Originally posted by ahn1991:This is actually an interesting phenomenon because it clearly shows the clashing of two different cultures in the consumption of music. Album sales have long been the standard of success, but with everyone moving away from physical and/or digital ownership of media towards streaming, I doubt this will be the case anymore.

On an unrelated note, I think this is why Apple killed their iPod Nano line, which pisses me off because I want to own the music files I listen to and the iPod Nano was the perfect device for listening to music on the go.
    I hate streaming too.
  5. I hate streaming as well.

I keep my music on my laptop and just transfer a few albums on rotation to my smartphone... is that too old fashioned?

Also, back on topic... I love The Best Thing About Me, but not the Kygo version:
    Would it be better to say that I love the fact that there's people who loves it? would it be better if I just ignore the thread about a song/version I don't like? or would it be better if I just start shitting on a song/version because I don't like it?
    ugh... so many options, so little time...
  6. I like both versions, almost equally. The Kygo version has become a go-to pick-me-up song because I enjoy the catchy beat and the fact it emphasizes Bono's vocals. The album version definitely works for me as the lead single for SOE. As I mentioned before, I find the audio mixing to be absolutely superb.
  7. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I hate streaming as well.

I keep my music on my laptop and just transfer a few albums on rotation to my smartphone... is that too old fashioned?

Also, back on topic... I love The Best Thing About Me, but not the Kygo version:
    Would it be better to say that I love the fact that there's people who loves it? would it be better if I just ignore the thread about a song/version I don't like? or would it be better if I just start shitting on a song/version because I don't like it?
    ugh... so many options, so little time...
    I was a keen defender of ripping my physical albums and doing it the "old way" as you still do........ until I tried a proper premium streaming service. Having all (or most) of your music instantly available at any moment without worrying of connecting your smartphone every x days... It's a whole different story. I still buy physical albums and will always do since there is no digital comparison to the feeling that you get when you open a booklet, enjoy the artwork and search through the lyrics. But in regards of every day listening, streaming is the new standard for me.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I was a keen defender of ripping my physical albums and doing it the "old way" as you still do........ until I tried a proper premium streaming service. Having all (or most) of your music instantly available at any moment without worrying of connecting your smartphone every x days... It's a whole different story. I still buy physical albums and will always do since there is no digital comparison to the feeling that you get when you open a booklet, enjoy the artwork and search through the lyrics. But in regards of every day listening, streaming is the new standard for me.
    ill always buy albums, i download music for winamp and buy the albums, i have a physical need
  9. Anyone knew about this?