2016-09-23 - Las Vegas
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 8
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Like I said last night, I think were all originally expecting a greatest hits show, then got a bit excited and expected a new single - and we just got a greatest hits show. But, it was the kind of show that reminds you why they're greatest hits.

The reason they took this show was probably just the exposure. They're surely going to be releasing something within the next few months, and they'll want to be 'relevant' when they do. And sure, it wasn't their crowd, and sure, lots of people left after Drake, but it's not as though the entire arena bailed. There were probably thousands of people there at their first U2 gig, and probably a lot of them who'd never really known U2 before. They do now, and that setlist gave a pretty solid chance of liking what they heard. A nice sampler of a rock n roll band crashing a pop festival.
    Yeah. Most of them were the same kids that were appalled that someone would give them a free album without their permission 2 years ago and thought Kanye was gracious when he helped boost that guy Paul McCartneys career by letting him sing with him... lol

Still, you're right... if they did win over even a few lost souls out of the dark of bland, mediocre, humdrum pop and lit their way into soulful, meaningful rock and roll, then (once again) they've done their job.

I think they could have picked a better opener, but hey....
  2. Anybody with a download link I would appreciate it. The other one is not working on my
  3. Headlining the biggest show in pop music this year = STILL RELEVANT. We crave the hidden gems because we know the hits, but think back to the first time you heard those hits. Remember how they made you feel. It's what drew you to the band. Can't fault them for wanting to recreate that same magic in another generation.
  4. Damn his voice was bad
    Those ooh-ooh's at Elevation...
    I've heard pigs being raped by a rhino sounding better...
  5. Bit of a boring closer. Interesting opener though!
  6. I've only heard Desire, sounded awesome!!
    The setlist itself doesn't look very exciting, I really hope the day will come BD and Elevation will be dropped.
  7. Originally posted by bartajax:I've only heard Desire, sounded awesome!!
    The setlist itself doesn't look very exciting, I really hope the day will come BD and Elevation will be dropped.
    Where did you hear it, the download won't work for me
  8. Found this
  9. Thanks for the download link. Enjoyed this set, great to see them back. Bono was a bit shaky though, probably shows how little he has been rehearsing haha
  10. Here's hoping for subscriber stream for Dreamforce. Unlikely, I know.