1. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I'll be honest, I'm not really picky with voting 'best performances' - I use this mainly as a way to mark out really special and powerful versions rather than just limiting myself to one or two versions of each song.
    Good thinking. Same here. I have like 10 favorite WOWY performances.

2. That version of With or Without you from Dublin in 1987 is the best one ever was lucky enough to be at that gig looking at my ticket stub now....

3. 1987-05-04 - Worcester have one of the best Shine Like Stars ever, but unfortunately the sound is bad
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I agree with this - but I'm surprised by how many shows actually have really good recordings that I for one have never discovered before and no one really talks about! For example I just finished listening to Jacksonville 1985-04-30 - and it's an incredible show I was mainly drawn to for being in my region of the US. The sound on the show page is listed at 3.5 stars but it's easily 4, probably more like 4.5, so there are a lot of good recordings out there sort of 'hiding.'

Yeah... one of my faves!
  5. Originally posted by andyuk36:[image]
    [..]

That version of With or Without you from Dublin in 1987 is the best one ever was lucky enough to be at that gig looking at my ticket stub now....
  6. The version of October in 1985-07-07 Werchter had the same unique intro as in Torhout, but it has much better sound.
  7. yeah the best times to hear this song live I agree.....
  8. Amazing what they did in those late UF shows. Sounds like another song at first.
  9. 1989-11-26 Tokyo had one of the best Love Rescue Me with an unlisted snippet of Amazing Grace that fits very well with the song.
  10. YES!!! These mid '85 October renditions are very special. And Werchter also features one of my favourite versions of Bad ever, so powerful in every sense, with a very participative audience during the snippets (specially Ruby Tuesday with the band going silent and just Bono and the audience). And check out THAT audience interlude during New Year's Day, as well as the "maybe the tiiiiiiiime is right, oooh maybe tooniiight", one of the few times he's sung it live and surely the last one ever. Fucking incredible.