1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Ok, let's calm down here. As a participant in this thread, I know we can do better than name calling.
    I don't think this particular discussion is going anywhere, so can we just agree to disagree?
    Can I just say though Cesar I have not called Alex any name but called him out on a few things and believe that he has been more offensive in the past speaking of the Unedcuated and branding about the word racist like it's going out of fashion. How would you feel if I called you a racist or sexist?
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:Normally I don't really care about what people think from a political standpoint. However, I do care when people think it's a good idea to put a person in power who has made it clear he feels certain people groups have no right to exist.

But yes, who am I to say that Muslims deserve to live in America without having to register themselves to a national database. God forgive me for being so judgmental.

Nicely twisted but the problem is you don't just come out and say Muslims deserve to live in America you have to go into all the complexities and name call people along the way. Of course Muslims deserve the same rights as everyone but when has that ever been discussed on here? If you want why don't you try and attend an event where Trump is and call him out yourself? But don't go name calling and then expect people not to be offended.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Can I just say though Cesar I have not called Alex any name but called him out on a few things and believe that he has been more offensive in the past speaking of the Unedcuated and branding about the word racist like it's going out of fashion. How would you feel if I called you a racist or sexist?
    I don't think you have called anyone names here. I respect you and Alex's points of view. You bring another point of view to the table and I am very grateful for that. I was just offering a truce between you two.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I don't think you have called anyone names here. I respect you and Alex's points of view. You bring another point of view to the table and I am very grateful for that. I was just offering a truce between you two.
    Thank you for acknowledging that Cesar, I really do respect people's opinions but for all my strong views I dont name call either on here or in every day life. You have pointed out some good things in the past and I've acknowledged them but I can't stand judgemental statements and people twisting my comments to suggest i don't know what goes on in the world. I am happy to leave it at that, and appreciate your effort to defuse the situation.
  5. Aaaanyway, I for one am glad that the Green Party candidate defeated far-right candidate Norbert Hofer in Austria.
    The sad news is that in 2016 a party that was literally founded by nazis can achieve 46% of the vote.
  6. Can we just retire this thread? Lets just all agree with the self righteous and their worldly viewpoints. Or we can follow Jon Stewarts lead... whatever. Can we just end this thread? Please... or maybe rename to "Opinions are like assholes"?
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    If tolerating would be a better word then that's fine, we don't all have to agree on everything or be best friends so if it comes to having to tolerate people you don't agree with i don't see the problem with that. I've lived and worked in different areas and countries in fact and I don't see it to the extent the media portrays. I think poverty is sexist is a ridiculous statement, ive not had one job nor known anyone to have had a job nowadays that pays less for women and don't think the choices for women are restricted either. You mention black Americans killed by cops, well again these cops and incidents are rare in relation to the cops doing a good and fair every day job that the news aren't going to report. I'm not for one minute saying because it's rare it's acceptable but what I am saying is if your only going to take the bad points out of life then your going to paint an unbalanced negative view of things, nobody's saying bad things don't happen but having lived in Glasgow, which gets a pretty rough reputation here in Scotland, I've not seen the likes of the media stories that are painted as every day regular occurrences, that's because they're not, it's singled out events that make good (but negative) television. Also whilst there are more white people in Scotland I have had friends of different race and religions and I'm yet to see first hand this conflict you speak off.

Good points made. The media is definately biased and alot of the major networks donate to political campaigns. I think its bad that the media encourages people to make excuses for their situations and blame others. So many people point fingers but never at themselves. I hear alot of know it alls but I dont see them giving any real solutions. Just complaints.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    What are you talking about, I just said I know these things happen but they don't all the time and the media are intent on showing all the negative news because the good everyday news and people that get on with there everyday life aren't worthy enough for these people to show and don't sell there show either. Ive never said discrimination, violence etc doesn't exist I'm saying that the amount of coverage it is given is not a fair reflection on things and neglects all the good things that go on in the world and fails to highlight all the good people. I live in no bubble I can tell you, perhaps you live in a bubble of negativity where all that's good in life is shut out in order to focus your mind on and pick out people's flaws. On this thread you've offended people who may have voted Trump by branding them racist (or at least suggest there reasons for voting could be racist) you don't specify any individuals but just label a group, then you do the same about the uneducated as you put it saying they make uneducated decisions, I wonder how many of the uneducated millionaires would agree with that, or the hard working people that provide for there family and have a happy settled life, life experience is far better education than any college degree. I've not seen and done everything there is to do and see in life but my eyes are wide open and I'm able to separate reality (the good and bad) and the doom and gloomers out there who want to make everyone feel like a bad person.Furthermore you have posted a link that relates to extreme poverty in some of the worst affected countries, yes that may well be true but does in no way reflect the opportunities in the western world and poverty is sexist just fires home a false message for people living in countries outwith the worst affected and makes a false suggestion that most jobs aren't equal for men and women, which nowadays they are.

Yep thats true. In America it is pretty equal and its also the law. The media spins this but it unfortunately isnt reality.
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Can we just retire this thread? Lets just all agree with the self righteous and their worldly viewpoints. Or we can follow Jon Stewarts lead... whatever. Can we just end this thread? Please... or maybe rename to "Opinions are like assholes"?
    Lol, the self righteous know it all but I just dont understand how they havent fixed everything yet. I mean nothing should stand in their way since they have all the answers. Im with you on closing this thread too. There are a few that hijack the conversation and start being aggressive and offensive. Its no longer a discussion and just somebody shouting at everyone.
  10. Changing subjects, Matteo Renzi has resigned as Italy's prime minister after losing a referendum to empower more the government vs. the senate and to establish a electoral system that was more fair towards smaller parties, which are very often disadvantaged by asymmetrical systems. What a shame! His last words were "I know nobody ever loses in Italian politics... Yeah, well, I can say it loud and clear, and with a lump in my throat: I have lost. I love democracy and the only logical option now is to quit".

That means Italy will have their 64th prime minister in just 70 years of democracy. Bloody hell.
  11. And while we're in Europe, WELL DONE AUSTRIA!
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:Changing subjects, Matteo Renzi has resigned as Italy's prime minister after losing a referendum to empower more the government vs. the senate and to establish a electoral system that was more fair towards smaller parties, which are very often disadvantaged by asymmetrical systems. What a shame! His last words were "I know nobody ever loses in Italian politics... Yeah, well, I can say it loud and clear, and with a lump in my throat: I have lost. I love democracy and the only logical option now is to quit".

That means Italy will have their 64th prime minister in just 70 years of democracy. Bloody hell.
    in this world increasingly full of shit we had the opportunity to raise our heads and instead we have chosen to roll in it, deeper and deeper

future is unwritten but is taking shape on an alarming route
    sad-bad day