1. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I'm betting - and actually hoping - they'll play Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad, and "40". It's a Joshua Tree Tour, and those songs - especially Pride and Bad - just feel almost like they belong to the Joshua Tree Tour than to their actual era. It'd be weird to have a JT set without them. Other than that, I'm not all that hopeful for much variety (hell, we're getting five songs that have barely if ever been played since 1987, one that hasn't been played since 2005, and one that hasn't been played ever - that's plenty of rarities!) and I see no problem with them including post-80s material. We already had a Joshua Tree Tour with 80s material, now let's see what it looks like with newer stuff too (says the guy who just insisted that it wouldn't be a Joshua Tree celebration without four other 80s songs ) It just seems so unreal to think Beautiful Day, Vertigo, and One won't appear - and again, I am totally fine with that. My biggest hope is honestly that some Songs of Innocence material will be there nightly. SOI is a great album and the band were clearly very proud of it, but since reception of it was fairly lukewarm I'm afraid they've already started to choke and give up on some of the best material they've had in years in favor of over-familiar and under-impressive stuff (looking at you, Angel of Harlem and Elevation...). If we could get California like we had at Dreamfest, well... Hey, it'd fit the America theme at least, and go nicely after Beautiful Day...
    I would love a "Bad-Running to Stand Still" pairing, in particular. And speaking as one who has been to five shows but only ever heard "40" snippeted (at the end of Bad, which was actually pretty awesome), I really hope they bring back the full song for the encore.

But I'm also with you on the fact that the band already did a JT tour in 1987, so to avoid being too nostalgically repetitive I would love for post-80s stuff to show up.
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    I would love a "Bad-Running to Stand Still" pairing, in particular. And speaking as one who has been to five shows but only ever heard "40" snippeted (at the end of Bad, which was actually pretty awesome), I really hope they bring back the full song for the encore.

But I'm also with you on the fact that the band already did a JT tour in 1987, so to avoid being too nostalgically repetitive I would love for post-80s stuff to show up.
    It wasn't really until TJT tour that the band had quite figured out how to handle Bad, it's just such and integral part of their show from that era, and by that point Pride had become their keystone anthem. They're both so totally representative of the original tour. And "40," well, it's THE closer. Finishing a JT celebration show without it would just feel odd.
  3. My thoughts of my personal dream setlist:
    I hope for only '80 songs, some rotation in songs next to the JT and Love Town elements in the encore. A horn and string section, addtional backing vocals (for the high notes and "soul"), a 2nd guitarplayer (Daniel Lanois?), Terry Lawless on stage.

The list:
    Opening songs:
    1. A sort of homecoming/11 o clock/Out of control/Gloria/Electric Co/Follow
    2. Two Hearts/A day without me/Indian Summer sky/Wire/Fire/Tomorrow/Like a song/New Yearsday.
    3. TUF/All I want is you (string section) intro into JT.
    4. JT in sequence.
    5. Bad/Hawkmoon/Heartland/Sunday
    6. Watchtower/Helter skelter
    5. Desire
    7. God part 2.
    Encore
    8. Angel of Harlem (horn section)
    9. When love comes to town. (horn section).
    10. Love rescue me
    11. “40”
  4. Not doable as they are planning to perform the album in full and in sequence... Bad is not Bullet But I'd love to see it too. They could name it "the addiction duet".
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Not doable as they are planning to perform the album in full and in sequence... Bad is not Bullet But I'd love to see it too. They could name it "the addiction duet".
    I've always wanted to hear a RTSS snippet in Bad.
  6. Me too, and it's surprising that it has never happened since they feature the same interval progression and obviously a similar theme and sound...
  7. I thinking they're going to have 3 sets
    Set 1 Pre JT [Wishful Thinking]
    1. I Will Follow
    2. Electric Co
    3. Out of Control
    4. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
    5. Gloria
    6. October
    7. New Years Day
    8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    9. Pride
    10. The Unforgettable Fire
    11. A Sort of Homecoming/Bad
    ---------------------------------------------
    Intermission With Synths and whole stadium lights up in red.
    2. JT in sequence
    12-23
    26. One
    27. 40
  8. Originally posted by bushido529:I thinking they're going to have 3 sets
    Set 1 Pre JT [Wishful Thinking]
    1. I Will Follow
    2. Electric Co
    3. Out of Control
    4. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
    5. Gloria
    6. October
    7. New Years Day
    8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    9. Pride
    10. The Unforgettable Fire
    11. A Sort of Homecoming/Bad
    ---------------------------------------------
    Intermission With Synths and whole stadium lights up in red.
    2. JT in sequence
    12-23
    26. One
    27. 40
    This would make my heart happy and my soul full. Therefore it shall not be.
  9. Been listening to loads of 1987 boots lately and I'd love this:
    (No chance i know)

1. Desire (i heart radio version)
    2. Gloria
    3. I will follow
    4. MLK
    5. The unforgettable fire
    6. October
    7. New Year's day
    8. Pride (in the name of love)
    9. Sunday bloody Sunday
    10. Bad

The Joshua Tree

22. Out of control
    23. Party girl
    24. "40"
  10. Originally posted by treasure:Been listening to loads of 1987 boots lately and I'd love this:
    (No chance i know)

1. Desire (i heart radio version)
    2. Gloria
    3. I will follow
    4. MLK
    5. The unforgettable fire
    6. October
    7. New Year's day
    8. Pride (in the name of love)
    9. Sunday bloody Sunday
    10. Bad

The Joshua Tree

22. Out of control
    23. Party girl
    24. "40"
    We can wish though, can't we? ... and I will be wishing for that setlist with you!

(Although IF there's going to be an RH tune in the might as well add in AIWIY)
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    We can wish though, can't we? ... and I will be wishing for that setlist with you!

(Although is there's going to be an RH tune in the might as well add in AIWIY)
    Opening song is from R&H !!
  12. That's what Matt is saying... if you're going to have a R&H tune (→Desire), then we might as well add another one (→AIWIY).