1. Honestly, I must be getting old. I aw them at the 27 June 1987 show in Croke Park and now 30 years later some of us are getting the chance to relieve this experience all over again, this time featuring the entire classic album - The Joshua Tree. Sorry for the ramble but how times have changed. Tickets are like gold here in Ireland for the 2017 show yet I clearly remember having no trouble securing a ticket back in 1987. Saw them again on the final leg of the JT Tour in Cork in August 1987, again the same story. This band are really more popular than ever. .
  2. Same here, remember it well, even remember going into town to O'Connell bridge to get the bootleg afterwards!
  3. Bootlegs on O'Connell Street, that brought me back. I still have the Croke Park 87 bootleg show I bought shortly after the show. It came in two parts. Those were the days. lol
  4. Originally posted by daymo1202:Honestly, I must be getting old. I aw them at the 27 June 1987 show in Croke Park and now 30 years later some of us are getting the chance to relieve this experience all over again, this time featuring the entire classic album - The Joshua Tree. Sorry for the ramble but how times have changed. Tickets are like gold here in Ireland for the 2017 show yet I clearly remember having no trouble securing a ticket back in 1987. Saw them again on the final leg of the JT Tour in Cork in August 1987, again the same story. This band are really more popular than ever. .
    Wow, that's some memories I wonder how many of the original '87 attendees will be in attendance next July. Judging from the forums, I guess a good few hundreds! You saw them when they were reaching the peak of their career and they are 30 (!!!) years older now, so the comparison should lean a little towards 1987... But I'm glad you're able to make it.

PS. Good point about tickets being gold-like... We should feel so fortunate to have them! Hundreds of thousands envy us now
  5. Croke Park June 1987 was incredible, this was the show that featured in the World in Action programme at the time, but I always preferred the final show of the European Leg of the JT Tour in Cork on 8 August 1987 - I was just looking at the ticket stub - £!4 was the price. lol

It doesn't look like the band will be adding any extra shows in Dublin. You're right - how lucky we are now to have tickets for 2017