1. It looks absolutely awesome, but it's far too expensive. Even the 4CD collection is £75!

Going to wait a few years like I did with the 360 box and get it cheaper.
  2. I'm considering getting the 2CD version for the live material, then picking up the new remixes individually from iTunes.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:I'm considering getting the 2CD version for the live material, then picking up the new remixes individually from iTunes.
    Probably what I'll do too. This box set just has a bigger push behind it than the 20th anniversary one, I guess, which is why it's basically the same thing.

I have to say, I think the white/colour photo cover looks very cool. I'm interested in hearing the new mixes and the two alternate tracks, but otherwise... I've already got the 20th anniversary box. I'll just save my pennies for the day they clear out enough stuff that they finally have to release some Pop outtakes.
  4. I wonder if it will all be available on Spotify.

Can't remember the last time I bought a CD.
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I blame Guy O'Seary (is that correct?) for the poor managing decisions these last years. Who thought that putting the band answering lame questions with shitty stream was a good idea? Lame subscription gifts and now this JT package which is a rip- off for long time fans.

Completely disagree. He helped with the SOI release which definitely got people talking. Also the band are way more active on social media now which is always good.
  6. Sometimes these things are album only. Hopefully not.
  7. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]

Completely disagree. He helped with the SOI release which definitely got people talking. Also the band are way more active on social media now which is always good.
    The way I see it, it got people talking... for about 1 week, and then SOI went into complete oblivion and now people see U2 as "that band that forced an album into everyone's iTunes accounts" (I'm not debating the move, I'm fine with it, but the majority of people didn't like it, for whatever reasons). Guy did a terrible SOI promo marketing. Granted, Bono's accident contributed to the band disappearing for months, but still. It feels to me that Guy's priority is Madonna and then there's U2.
    Besides, the completely awful and plain merchandise for the last tour, starting with that boring photo of the band in bed as the main poster for the tour was a major let-down for me.
    Regarding a stronger social media presence, I think that's something that had to happen because of the times. Bono, Adam and Edge have always been very tech curious and they are always exploring new ways to reach the fans. That would have happened with Paul McGuinness too.
    Of course, this is just my opinion.
  8. Agree. The Social Media thing was already on the go with Edge on twitter during 360. He and Adam are the most active even in off/private times, guess they just love new technologies and using techy toys. Plus: they have teenage kids / young adults - they need to be on social media to keep an eye on them and yes, they do have private FB accounts and such. You just don't find them by The Edge or Dave Evans

The merch on i+e was lame, the so called deluxe CD - what did Guy call it? Killer package? - was a bad bad joke.
    Guy is nice dude, met him on i+e but that's it. Obviously he works U2 the way like "they sell themselves, don't need to put effort in".
    And about that SOI release - everytime ever since somebody learns I'm a U2 fan "oh yeah that free album nobody wanted" - so that's it. U2 is the band that throws an album on everyone and nobody wanted it. That's what they are remembered for currently. Well done guys!

They post videos, lame Q&A, there's actually tons of stuff online - but the more that happens, the more I feel them drifting away from us. It just feels like they completely lost their connection to us. Everything just looks so staged and prepared.

Looking at their last releases - SOI and TJT-again - I will not buy any more official releases. The only exception might be a live release from a tour I attended, even though when it's not my show (usually). I'm honestly sick of paying for Bono's next Tesla and don't get something valueable in return.