1. this is done to improve bass response
  2. Can you get the Edge book as a stand alone or just as part of the SDE?
  3. Further studying of the material just tears apart any shred of value to this. If the live show was complete then I would be a bit more excited. The 7LP set with the rucksack is a nice physical item but not worth what is being asked.

Borderline flogging a dead horse here.
  4. Ugh can't decide if I'll buy this. Probably not, I've got an '87 copy of Joshua Tree on vinyl that I don't have a single problem with. Will either try to grab the live show vinyl on eBay sometime or just let it go entirely.
  5. I just want to hear the new mixes tbh.
  6. Hopefully one day they'll get their JT tour live releases right:
    For the 20th Anniversary, they put out a show with no Streets.
    For the 30th Anniversary, they put out a show where they cut Bad (and others).

....and don't get me started (again!) about the inclusion of the Sydney show in the 20th Anniversary Edition of Achtung Baby!!!!
  7. Really, the track they should not have cut is Spanish Eyes since it is from The Joshua Tree sessions and is related to the album obviously. They have released many live versions of Bad already. The Wolfgang recording is complete and decent, so cutting Bad is not a huge deal to me. Unless they do a Rattle and Hum live track style remastering I doubt this recording will be any better than the November 1987 Back In Denver remaster or Sharebears remaster of the same. One of the best soundboard recordings of U2 that exists IMO. Definitely the best of The Joshua Tree tour.
  8. To me, cut Bad isn't a deal... the performance is just ok...

The problem is U2 choose again a kind of "overplayed" concert.... (at least it's better than Sydney in Achtung Baby 20th)
  9. Ofcourse a beautiful new package, but this release disappoint me a bit. A few new remixes and an incomplete live gig as bonus. I'll stick with my Joshua Tree 2007 anniversary deluxe. It is sufficient.
  10. To me, the new 180 gram 2 lp versions ruins the listening experience.