1. The best I can do

2. thanks. Excelent scans!
  3. I got the 4CD deluxe box set today (An early birthday present) I opened it and was looking at the 12" prints and 2 of them are the same. Does anybody have pics of the set so I know which one I am missing?

Many thanks
  4. Originally posted by sc3lj:I got the 4CD deluxe box set today (An early birthday present) I opened it and was looking at the 12" prints and 2 of them are the same. Does anybody have pics of the set so I know which one I am missing?

Many thanks
    Look At Your pm
  5. This might have been discussed already but did anyone get the t-shirt that comes with the 2CD edition? If so, how's the quality?

(I know. I know. I should just buy one of those U2start ones!)
  6. Okay, well it seems my “reviews” are enjoyed by a few members of this page, if for nothing more then to get a good laugh...may I present Joshua Tree

Where the Streets Have No Name - Opening with some atmospheric organs, into the perfect Edge guitar riff. Near perfect tempo, with a great bass line that is a little more hidden. ****

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For - Almost as if the bass is playing the lead in this one. Very powerful lyrics, with Bono at his best “pained” delivery. I’ve always thought that this is the weakest of the biggest three from this album, but on vinyl I may have been wrong. ****

With or Without You - Absolute perfection. The best bass line ever recorded in music. *****

Bullet in the Blue Sky - Wicked drums to open this number. Heavier drum track and lyrics, heaviest song on the album. A lot of spoken lyrics throughout the song. Distinct guitar solo in the song which isn’t always the case in U2 songs. ***

Running to Stand Still - Blues guitar riff to open this up. First verse is Bono’s foray into Lou Reed lyric delivery. Lyrics are the focus, with the instruments placed more in the background for the first half of the song. Chorus softens up, like the song title suggests. Harmonica into the fade. ***

Red Hill Mining Town - Nice twangy guitar to set the mood. Great, and I mean great lyric delivery by Bono. Like this song better better than Bullet and Running but not quite enough to put it with Streets. ***1/2

In Gods Country - A prototypical U2 song in every way, but for some reason nothing stands out, to make it exceptional ***

Trip Through Your Wires - Harmonica and definite blues sound to open this up...did Rattle and Hum get pressed on this vinyl? Continues throughout most of the song. Seems very short. Weakest track so far. **

One Tree Hill - Entire song has a different “vibe” to it., and is honestly hard to describe. A lot of different elements are happening in it. Ends with a near Gospel vibe. ***

Exit - A harder With or Without You Part 2. Almost the exact same bass line. Crickets chirping out of the left speaker until the second verse. A bass line solo, instead of a guitar. Crickets are back after the solo. ***

Mothers of the Disappeared - The beginning of the “Techo Sound” U2 to open this up. Almost like the first time I have ever heard this track. Has a “Forty” vibe to it. ***1/2

Thirty Seven stars divided by eleven songs would equal 3.64 stars. Ties it exactly with Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, but overall I would rather hear Dismantle straight through than Joshua Tree. First album I have reviewed to get half stars, as Mothers and Red Hill are almost there but not quite. No real clunkers, but after side one of the 180 gram Pressing, it isn’t quite the same as the first three songs of the album.
  7. Originally posted by JimmyMac91:Okay, well it seems my “reviews” are enjoyed by a few members of this page, if for nothing more then to get a good laugh...may I present Joshua Tree

Where the Streets Have No Name - Opening with some atmospheric organs, into the perfect Edge guitar riff. Near perfect tempo, with a great bass line that is a little more hidden. ****

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For - Almost as if the bass is playing the lead in this one. Very powerful lyrics, with Bono at his best “pained” delivery. I’ve always thought that this is the weakest of the biggest three from this album, but on vinyl I may have been wrong. ****

With or Without You - Absolute perfection. The best bass line ever recorded in music. *****

Bullet in the Blue Sky - Wicked drums to open this number. Heavier drum track and lyrics, heaviest song on the album. A lot of spoken lyrics throughout the song. Distinct guitar solo in the song which isn’t always the case in U2 songs. ***

Running to Stand Still - Blues guitar riff to open this up. First verse is Bono’s foray into Lou Reed lyric delivery. Lyrics are the focus, with the instruments placed more in the background for the first half of the song. Chorus softens up, like the song title suggests. Harmonica into the fade. ***

Red Hill Mining Town - Nice twangy guitar to set the mood. Great, and I mean great lyric delivery by Bono. Like this song better better than Bullet and Running but not quite enough to put it with Streets. ***1/2

In Gods Country - A prototypical U2 song in every way, but for some reason nothing stands out, to make it exceptional ***

Trip Through Your Wires - Harmonica and definite blues sound to open this up...did Rattle and Hum get pressed on this vinyl? Continues throughout most of the song. Seems very short. Weakest track so far. **

One Tree Hill - Entire song has a different “vibe” to it., and is honestly hard to describe. A lot of different elements are happening in it. Ends with a near Gospel vibe. ***

Exit - A harder With or Without You Part 2. Almost the exact same bass line. Crickets chirping out of the left speaker until the second verse. A bass line solo, instead of a guitar. Crickets are back after the solo. ***

Mothers of the Disappeared - The beginning of the “Techo Sound” U2 to open this up. Almost like the first time I have ever heard this track. Has a “Forty” vibe to it. ***1/2

Thirty Seven stars divided by eleven songs would equal 3.64 stars. Ties it exactly with Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, but overall I would rather hear Dismantle straight through than Joshua Tree. First album I have reviewed to get half stars, as Mothers and Red Hill are almost there but not quite. No real clunkers, but after side one of the 180 gram Pressing, it isn’t quite the same as the first three songs of the album.
    This is a great review. Absolutely agree with WOWY, but maybe you should listen to In God's Country again. Just saying.

Keep the reviews coming!
  8. , if I’m interpreting you’re reaction correctly I’m feeling the same way. It’s amazing how we can all see things so differently. TJT is an album where to me the band did no wrong and had many all time favourites. Each track works on a rating of very good-great(perfect) for me.