1. I'm excited. Hoping we get it in St. John's, NL!
  2. The orchestra isn't that prominent. You are overreacting
  3. I think there wasn't really a need to release a new version but having said that I think the negativity about it is a bit ott. We all know Bono can't sing like he used to but for a guy who's closer to 60 than 50 I think it's a good effort and a fair representation of what we'll get on the tour. Surely nobody on here really expected him to sound the exact same as on the JT when they go on tour. It is what it is, and I'd take this over anything in the charts nowadays.
  4. I think his vocals are ok in it. But the horns. I have no idea why they felt the need to add them it makes the whole thing sound overproduced IMO.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:I think there wasn't really a need to release a new version but having said that I think the negativity about it is a bit ott. We all know Bono can't sing like he used to but for a guy who's closer to 60 than 50 I think it's a good effort and a fair representation of what we'll get on the tour. Surely nobody on here really expected him to sound the exact same as on the JT when they go on tour. It is what it is, and I'd take this over anything in the charts nowadays.
    I think the complaint isn't that his voice isn't as good as it was, but rather that this song doesn't bring anything new to the table. If it was like a reimagined version of it or something, sure, but to get essentially the same track as thirty years ago with inferior vocals and silly-sounding trumpets? It just seems really unnecessary.
  6. Originally posted by Faceman2000:[..]
    I think the complaint isn't that his voice isn't as good as it was, but rather that this song doesn't bring anything new to the table. If it was like a reimagined version of it or something, sure, but to get essentially the same track as thirty years ago with inferior vocals and silly-sounding trumpets? It just seems really unnecessary.
    Yeah I suppose I'm kinda agreeing with that point of view that it certainly isn't an improvement or a particularly 'new' version but I guess they just wanted to have a go at it again in the studio and put it out there in support of the tour. I also think the fact it's the one track that hasn't been played live of the album means they want to give it more publicity than they ever did before, they couldn't just release the 30 year old version as a a single so this was there way around it. It might even get played a bit on the radio.
  7. They have referred to RHMT as "The single that never was", so it was fair that it was the single for this whole new TJT era.

I agree that reusing a basically identical instrumental background with newer (aka worse) vocals and just a few strings and horns here and there isn't the most clever rearrangement, but just take it with a pinch of salt. We'll finally getting to hear one of the songs that fans have asked and mourned for the most. That's all
  8. Has his voice been autotuned? Sounds odd in places.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:They have referred to RHMT as "The single that never was", so it was fair that it was the single for this whole new TJT era.

I agree that reusing a basically identical instrumental background with newer (aka worse) vocals and just a few strings and horns here and there isn't the most clever rearrangement, but just take it with a pinch of salt. We'll finally getting to hear one of the songs that fans have asked and mourned for the most. That's all
    This is what I wanted to say but couldn't articulate lol.