1. I was talking about the 2017 Lillywhite mix, the live version is allright but the 2017 remix of the song is easily in my top 10 U2 songs
  2. I still prefer the ending of the 1987 version. I do like how they incorporated both vocals though from 1987 & 2017
  3. I like the new verses, but by doing the mix like that it's kinda obvious the chorus is out of reach (one of the hardest to sing of any U2 song anyway imo)
  4. I think the live version was good! I do listen to the Lillywhite mix more than the album version, but both sound great.
  5. Having grown up in a coal mining community, I loved the emphasis given to the brass section in this mix but I was disappointed by the use of a Salvation Army Band in the visuals for the tour. I remember as a young kid watching parades through my little town led by brass bands whose members were drawn from the coal mines; it was a long and rich cultural tradition.

I guess I shouldn't be too harsh on Anton and U2 though. Thatcher decimated the mining industry in the UK and 30 years later it would be virtually impossible to find a band to play in the video.
  6. lololol I guess we all have posts like this after so many years in this forum, but this was something else haha
  7. Not quite hating the JT30 performances any more.
  8. Me neither - just like Bono's hair usually takes me two tours to get over, Red Hill is growing on me - and it's taken me till now to realise that while before I thought it was a bit lazy just to steal the Bullet drum part for RHMT because they hadn't played it before, that's actually what's on the album
  9. I remember thinking that after this magnificent mix U2 would have the habit of doing it every anniversary and this time, with AB and yet it didn't happen