2017-05-12 - Vancouver
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 6
Videos: 1
  1. Yeah I'm exhausted after a Pearl Jam show that goes thirty plus songs.
    I'm ok with length It works.
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with these shows having a conceptual element. I give them credit for trying to do something other than just play a show but I would really fucking love them to have the freedom to do whatever they wanted to on stage. They might even enjoy it.

I thought this tour was the perfect opportunity to just get back to gigging but this seems to be the most message driven show opener in a long time.

Mixed feelings but still looking forward. It seems they threw all their ideas out last night and will settle for whatever sticks.
  3. Yeah it worked a lot better from someone who was really against the desire and bullet the blue sky anti Trump stuff. Bono is entitled to his opinion and voice it but I don't like when it overshadows the song, in exit the song definitely took centre stage with the message still clearly in there.
  4. Red Hill Mining Town sounded great. Always loved that one. Miss Sarajevo was also pretty great.

Amazing to see Exit, but could have been darker/more attack from the guitar. Same for Bullet.

RTST/TTYW/ASOH sound good!

Still need to listen a couple of more times to the new song.

Regarding the background visuals, it was hit or miss for me.

Overall I think the band did a fine job.
  5. I'm going to listen to the youtube videos and leave a review
  6. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    lol i don't even have a passport , it was a thought that just came to me after seeing how good this production is, ill need to apply for a passport , wait till approved and buy tickets and flights. was thinking one of the Europe shows in the 8th month, however flights will be expensive

i would of thought the rose bowl would be sold out, think they will got the 90000 people the had at 360 again?

Yeah im trying to work out the cheapest way to see one of the european shows too, but it looks like we'll just have to hope they come here sometime soon
  7. Originally posted by shannon19:[..]

Yeah im trying to work out the cheapest way to see one of the european shows too, but it looks like we'll just have to hope they come here sometime soon
    oh wow you're in melbourne , lets go to the show together :p
  8. Originally posted by mdiggitydawg:[..]

Springsteen is 66 and plays for 4 hours 15 minutes, night after night. I love this band, but always struggle with the fact they play the same amount of songs every tour and for about the same 2 hours and 20 minutes or so.

Trust me I know. I'm spoiled with PJ who regularly play 3 hours and completely change the set every night. But 2:20 is nothing to sneeze at. Muse , Kol and chilis , just to name a few, barely touch 2 hours.