1. Joshua Tree image spanning across the stage is my guess, a la 1987. You can see a little bit on the left of the stage. Where the 'Tree Stage' catwalk begins.
  2. jeebus this is awesome
  3. Somewhere around the b stage is looking an excellent spot, close enough to the main stage.
  4. There's definitely an unusual kink / curvature in the rigging on that video clip too like my previous thoughts on it being designed to look like a negative film reel. You can see it curves inwards just to the right of the tree trunk and then curves back outwards to the right hand side of the stage.

Looking great anyhow!
  5. Definitely mirrors 1987. Perhaps they are replacing the old canvas backdrop with screens. Scale is comparable.
  6. that looks huge
  7. If that Instagram post from earlier doesn't work (isn't showing up for me)

8. I still believe rehearsals will happen in Van in a couple of weeks time.
  9. I have a Live Nation source that says rehearsal time is still booked in Vancouver, but that U2 are also prone to making last minute changes for the sort of thing

I would assume this is more of an architecture / stage build scenario for the crew right now. Band have already been doing in-studio rehearsing and still appear to be scattered across the world every other weekend, doubt they're cracking the whip on stage run-throughs yet.
  10. Originally posted by MattG:I have a Live Nation source that says rehearsal time is still booked in Vancouver, but that U2 are also prone to making last minute changes for the sort of thing

I would assume this is more of an architecture / stage build scenario for the crew right now. Band have already been doing in-studio rehearsing and still appear to be scattered across the world every other weekend, doubt they're cracking the whip on stage run-throughs yet.
    Thanks, interesting!
  11. I hope so. That's what I've been envisioning all along.