1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Well I agree with you both in a way, but very few things in the whole world gives me more goosebumps than Love Is Blindness' guitar solo.
    I also love the guitar solo in love is blindness and also sort of agree that guitar solos aren't u2 at least not in the conventional way. What I love most about edges guitar work though is his ability to know when to stop, as much as the doors and led zeppelin are great the last i want to hear is a 10 minute drum or guitar solo regardless of how talented they are. The edge sticks to small solo's that are very effective, I love the mini solos in dirty Day and New York live as well as kite and walk on. As for with or without you it's one of my favourite u2 songs, one of the few I'm quite happy to never see dropped and a great example of how u2 can make 4 chords and a potentially a repetitive tune into something amazing that you never get tired of. Always a highlight live.
  2. Hate that song!
    In my opinion one of the worst U2 songs
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Well I agree with you both in a way, but very few things in the whole world gives me more goosebumps than Love Is Blindness' guitar solo.
    The soundtrack to the end of the universe
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:Well I agree with you both in a way, but very few things in the whole world gives me more goosebumps than Love Is Blindness' guitar solo.

True, and I like it, too. I should have clarified and stated that they don't normally go for the guitar solo (like a Van Halen or Bon Jovi where it would be expected).

But the unexpected solo is a delight.