1. Originally posted by deanallison:Bit of a random question but does anyone have any idea why the JT film is from Mexico City? Not that there’s anything wrong with the location but that will be the 2nd concert release from there and given the various locations u2 play it seems strange that they’d pick the same place again, u2 fans from Mexico have won a mini lottery it seems . Doesn’t bother me or anything I’m sure the atmosphere there was great, Popmart certainly seemed like a great show but any theories as to why the same place? I thought South America might have had a shout given its never had a release only the u23d film. I’m just realising as I write this they’ve also released 2 Paris shows, the original JT and I&E, but the question still stands.
    They filmed the shows in Colombia and Argentina, although with less cameras than Mexico. It looked like the Brazil shows were filmed with a similar number of cameras as Mexico. So they likely had two options there. But even as the band rolled into Mexico they were talking about that being the feature of the film. It always sounded like that was the intention.

One of the things that is a bit unique about that venue is there's nothing behind the stage. No seats to be blocked off, it's open on that side. That may have played into it. You also had lots of room to the sides of the stage to install cameras without blocking the view of people who had paid for premium seating.

The two shows in Mexico were amazing. Really great atmosphere, and a really fun crowd, and the band were looking to be having fun. One thing I will be interested in seeing is how they handle the tequila / beer sellers. They walk through the audience throughout the entire show with lit up signs advertising what they are selling...
  2. Thanks for the info, that does seem to be a good explanation regarding the venue lay out and being able to film without causing too much obstruction. I’m not surprised to hear Mexico provided a great atmosphere too.
  3. The Google translation below is rather rudimentary but I don't see any reference to the DVD; do you know anything more about why the tweet refers to the DVD

"According to the performers, U2's performance date was confirmed recently. U2 opens its first concert on December 8th. The place seems to be the Goryeo sky dome.

U2's performances are well-known for showing the world's best-sized set and a variety of imaging technologies. Especially vocals and front man Bono are famous for giving overwhelming immersion to audience with performance based on strong charisma.

According to overseas fan pages, the name of this tour is 'The Joshua Tree Tour 2019'. Joshua Tree Tour 2017, which was released in 1987, will be released in 1987 and will be released in 2017. The speculation that the Asian tour will be on the line is convincing. U2 has not officially announced the name of the Asian Tour yet.

U2's performance is part of an Asian tour from November to December. New Zealand, Auckland, Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Tokyo and Seoul. The domestic tour schedule will be hosted by a terrestrial broadcasting station. Currently, U2's concert tour and concert schedule are finalized. Ticket booking system check, final announcement of the schedule, etc. are all left to work.

U2 is a "living legend" of popular music. Since debuting in 1976, he has released 14 studio albums, and has sold over 150 million to 170 million albums to date, making him one of the most respected artists in the world. He won 22 awards at the Grammy Awards and was nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2005.

U2 is also famous for its voices on violence and human rights issues, social and political issues, and environmental issues. In 2005, Time magazine named U2 leader Bono as the person of the year, saying he has been dedicated to addressing poverty.
  4. This article sounds like my Mom. She always refers to U2 as "he" as if there is no band.
  5. Anybody here speak Hangul?
  6. The Google translation below is rather rudimentary but I don't see any reference to the DVD; do you know anything more about why the tweet refers to the DVD

"Joshua Tree Tour 2017, which was released in 1987, will be released in 1987 and will be released in 2017."
    What more info do you need?
  7. Let's just expect a 32nd anniversary edition soon.
  8. Don't know how you conclude that references to the year the album was originally released and the year of the 30th anniversary release and the associated tour; without mentioning the words DVD or film, provide information. Clear as mud! 🤔
  9. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]
    Don't know how you conclude that references to the year the album was originally released and the year of the 30th anniversary release and the associated tour; without mentioning the words DVD or film, provide information. Clear as mud! 🤔
    I think there may have been more than a hint of sarcasm in the post you referenced.
  10. Don’t want to draw the attention away too much from the tour announcement but I feel like anytime between now and the tour starting would be a good window for them to release the dvd while there back to being in JT mode so to speak. Maybe they’ll wait until after tickets have went on sale first just keep the tour the focus then move to the dvd.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:Don’t want to draw the attention away too much from the tour announcement but I feel like anytime between now and the tour starting would be a good window for them to release the dvd while there back to being in JT mode so to speak. Maybe they’ll wait until after tickets have went on sale first just keep the tour the focus then move to the dvd.
    I would actually hope they release it for the conclusion of the tour. Perfect for Christmas. After the tour to prevent people watching the DVD and then skipping the concert. In sports they call that phenomenon a "blackout".