1. Originally posted by SJKamal:Everything about the 2019 tour shits all over the 2017 tour. It is criminal that they're not including anything from 2019. Hopefully for the dvd we get some extra content.
    why did you decide to even go to see the 2019 tour after 2017? Clearly it wasn't that bad. The video will/should focus on TJT and nothing really changed there.. you guys are talking about things and details that won't really matter that much for the video. Basically the tour was the same and good basics is what you need for the video. Look at the Berlin video, people were also jubilant about the best audience ever etc and now look at the video.. it doesn't make any difference..
  2. Originally posted by SJKamal:Everything about the 2019 tour shits all over the 2017 tour. It is criminal that they're not including anything from 2019. Hopefully for the dvd we get some extra content.
    That's BS unless you were at every show then you can't make a dumb statement like that .
  3. You are able to tell if a certain show or leg or tour from the 80s or 90s is better than another, right? We do that all the time. "Las Vegas 97 was a crap show", "Milan 92 was the best show ever", and none of us were there. So why shouldn't we judge recent tours without attending the shows?

Literally everyone I know who attended both 2017 and 2019 shows has openly talked how MUCH BETTER were the 2019 gigs, so with that PLUS the judgement ability that listening to bootlegs gives me, I am perfectly able to tell which tour was better.
  4. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    it was the same tour with just a bit of E&I (and Every Breaking Wave) included. You can watch that part on the Berlin (or Paris) dvd. Apart from that there was not much difference, the band being more into it is just nonsense... and if true, you won't notice much difference on the dvd anyway. When you ask Corbijn to make the movie and he's taking time for it, you don't throw it into the garbage can because some die hard fans think 2019 was slightly better... let's see what Mexico brings us.. we haven't even seen it and yet it's already the worst thing ever
    Haha, the worst thing ever yeah! I'm the ever-complainer troll and you're the ever-positive saviour right?
  5. Well you can do, just like how I'm going to say everything about the second half of the EU EI leg shits all over the NA leg even though I didn't attend a show on the NA leg.
  6. And quite frankly everything in 2019 did shit all over 2017 lol.
  7. The past tense of shit is shat
  8. Not if you put the word ‘did’ in front of it. Did hold, did look, not did held and did looked. So did shit works. Lol.
  9. This thread just took an interesting turn.

10. I'm just exagerrating, just like you guys do.. just to get things balanced a bit.. and indeed, instead of complaining already, you just could be happy that they're at least thinking about releasing a video of TJT 30/32 tour.. Dortmund 1984 wasn't the best show of TUF tour as well, but you're all begging (might be exaggerated) for that one. Maybe we should do the same just for one JT show, with the entire JT being performed. Who cares about Love is bigger or Every Breaking Wave?
  11. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I'm just exagerrating, just like you guys do.. just to get things balanced a bit.. and indeed, instead of complaining already, you just could be happy that they're at least thinking about releasing a video of TJT 30/32 tour.. Dortmund 1984 wasn't the best show of TUF tour as well, but you're all begging (might be exaggerated) for that one. Maybe we should do the same just for one JT show, with the entire JT being performed. Who cares about Love is bigger or Every Breaking Wave?
    Apparently you can't really judge if Dortmund was the best TUF show because you didn't attend them all

Jokes aside, please come back to my post and READ. I'm not complaining about not getting Love Is Bigger or EBW.
    Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]So they won't be including any 2019 footage on the film? The 2019 tour was better than 2017 in all regards and the band was much more into it... Not including the reworked encore and the improved stage is a terrible mistake imo. And of course the missed chance to release something from the extraordinary places they had never visited before, like Singapore, Seoul, Manila and Mumbai.

OH WELL
    Main factors to dismiss this are 1) the band was MUCH more into it in 2019 than in 2017 and 2) they visited 4 new cities in 4 new countries and played 5 magnificent shows there, none of which will be ever seen again, while we get to see Mexico again, a place from where they've already released a DVD.

And by the way I forgot to mention the awkwardness of releasing in 2020 a gig recorded in 2017, while there has been a run of very similar (as you note) gigs in 2019. Awkward awkward awkward.