1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Apparently you can't really judge if Dortmund was the best TUF show because you didn't attend them all

Jokes aside, please come back to my post and READ. I'm not complaining about not getting Love Is Bigger or EBW. [..]
    Main factors to dismiss this are 1) the band was MUCH more into it in 2019 than in 2017 and 2) they visited 4 new cities in 4 new countries and played 5 magnificent shows there, none of which will be ever seen again, while we get to see Mexico again, a place from where they've already released a DVD.

And by the way I forgot to mention the awkwardness of releasing in 2020 a gig recorded in 2017, while there has been a run of very similar (as you note) gigs in 2019. Awkward awkward awkward.
    not my words. But using the usual U2start measurements, with such a short setlist (compared to other TUF shows) it probably was their worst show ever.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Apparently you can't really judge if Dortmund was the best TUF show because you didn't attend them all

Jokes aside, please come back to my post and READ. I'm not complaining about not getting Love Is Bigger or EBW. [..]
    Main factors to dismiss this are 1) the band was MUCH more into it in 2019 than in 2017 and 2) they visited 4 new cities in 4 new countries and played 5 magnificent shows there, none of which will be ever seen again, while we get to see Mexico again, a place from where they've already released a DVD.

And by the way I forgot to mention the awkwardness of releasing in 2020 a gig recorded in 2017, while there has been a run of very similar (as you note) gigs in 2019. Awkward awkward awkward.

seems you edited the post in the meanwhile...
    I don't agree with your first point.. it's just another U2start fact.. I agree there was a great/better vibe around the tour, with them finally going back to Austalasia and adding some new cities/countries.. but that's not something you can easily capture on video.. TJT still sounded the same, the first four songs sounded the same, Vertigo, Elevation, Beautiful Day, UV and One, all the same..
    Mexico wouldn't have been my first choice as well, but in the end it doesn't really matter.. it's just small details.. it's all about TJT, that's why Corbijn is making this movie..
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    You are able to tell if a certain show or leg or tour from the 80s or 90s is better than another, right? We do that all the time. "Las Vegas 97 was a crap show", "Milan 92 was the best show ever", and none of us were there. So why shouldn't we judge recent tours without attending the shows?

Literally everyone I know who attended both 2017 and 2019 shows has openly talked how MUCH BETTER were the 2019 gigs, so with that PLUS the judgement ability that listening to bootlegs gives me, I am perfectly able to tell which tour was better.
    Well if you wanna compare tours 87 and 89 is when U2 were at their best no video screens or fancy gimmicks if you missed that then that's a shame but comparing 2017 to 2019 is just ridiculous it was the exact same tour bar one or two changes Crowd reactions and different sight lines can alter someone's perspective.
  4. But honestly I would not like a concert movie, but a full concert. I like Rattle very much, the songs are great there, but I don't have the patience to watch .... I think Adam or Larry recently said they watched at the premiere and then never, lol. Already a full show is different, you put and enjoy from beginning to end, as if you were living the show. What would be cool, would be a double BluRay, with a show and a doc ...
  5. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Well if you wanna compare tours 87 and 89 is when U2 were at their best no video screens or fancy gimmicks if you missed that then that's a shame but comparing 2017 to 2019 is just ridiculous it was the exact same tour bar one or two changes Crowd reactions and different sight lines can alter someone's perspective.
    Is this the same person that said zoo tv outside broadcast was much better than Sydney? Aren’t they just the same tour but with a couple of changes?
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Is this the same person that said zoo tv outside broadcast was much better than Sydney? Aren’t they just the same tour but with a couple of changes?
    "Don't twist the truth as it always reveals itself"
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    difference is Zooropa didn't have it's own tour (like Songs of Experience). The added things on JT32 you can find on the Experience dvd. For Zoo TV it would make a lot more sense to have a separate 1992 release as well indeed. It was a different tour, Zoo TV was U2 still evolving as a band.
    But yeah, I also get your point.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    So they won't be including any 2019 footage on the film? The 2019 tour was better than 2017 in all regards and the band was much more into it... Not including the reworked encore and the improved stage is a terrible mistake imo. And of course the missed chance to release something from the extraordinary places they had never visited before, like Singapore, Seoul, Manila and Mumbai.

OH WELL

How was the stage improved ? Curious as I didn't notice any difference in video
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    The Sound quality and the filming of it was way better than Sydeny ,I wasn't at either of those Zoo TV concerts so I can't can't compare the actual gigs.When No line came out some people on various forums were saying it was their greatest album the general consensus now it's not in most people's top 5.
  10. About the 2017 and 2019 shows, it really doesn't make sense for me to be a 2019 show. Now it was just a schedule complement. And the album's anniversary was 2017 (30 years old), and not 32 years old. I believe that in the doc has some imagens from 2019 showing how far the tour went ... but a little bit only in the final of doc.
  11. Biggest change was the tree stage which was much bigger (and maybe lower but I'm not 100% positive on this).
  12. I think it varied. For the outdoor shows in 2019, it was allegedly bigger.

Indoor shows like Saitama and Manila, the tree stage was smaller. The main stage and tree stage was lower too at those shows.