1. small details.. if there was even a difference at all (except for the Manilla catwalk it's hard to notice).
  2. 11 different cities played in 2019, 11 JT tracks sounds like the recipe for a perfect cd accompaniment to the dvd. Not that I’m predicting that just think it would be a cool compilation of JT live tracks.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:11 different cities played in 2019, 11 JT tracks sounds like the recipe for a perfect cd accompaniment to the dvd. Not that I’m predicting that just think it would be a cool compilation of JT live tracks.
    That should be the 2020 sub gift. Expect it around 2021 though.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:11 different cities played in 2019, 11 JT tracks sounds like the recipe for a perfect cd accompaniment to the dvd. Not that I’m predicting that just think it would be a cool compilation of JT live tracks.
    11 tracks on the original Joshua Tree.
  5. Spinal Taps amps go to 11
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:11 different cities played in 2019, 11 JT tracks sounds like the recipe for a perfect cd accompaniment to the dvd. Not that I’m predicting that just think it would be a cool compilation of JT live tracks.
    It would also handily document 2019 U2.
  7. I think the film would be so much better if they show some unseen footage of the bands recording session of some songs from 86/87 Joshua tree sessions before leading into the songs in the film at the concert. Like flashback to its being created. It would be a nice touch in my opinion
  8. Originally posted by CrashCaderz:I think the film would be so much better if they show some unseen footage of the bands recording session of some songs from 86/87 Joshua tree sessions before leading into the songs in the film at the concert. Like flashback to its being created. It would be a nice touch in my opinion
    I like this idea a lot. Put some unseen footage from the original JT album & tour sessions (I guess there's a lot of unreleased material that didn't get into the Outside It's America documentary and Rattle & Hum) and then complement it with new, sharp footage of the 2016 & 2017 sessions leading to the anniversary tour. Would be nice!
  9. Originally posted by CrashCaderz:I think the film would be so much better if they show some unseen footage of the bands recording session of some songs from 86/87 Joshua tree sessions before leading into the songs in the film at the concert. Like flashback to its being created. It would be a nice touch in my opinion
    Na. I'm all up for unseen footage but to have the footage leading into the actual songs would ruin the flow. I wan't the full concert to be interrupted. Have all the documentary stuff either before or after. Not like the BBC Abbey Road special where they split it between music and interviews.
  10. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    Na. I'm all up for unseen footage but to have the footage leading into the actual songs would ruin the flow. I wan't the full concert to be interrupted. Have all the documentary stuff either before or after. Not like the BBC Abbey Road special where they split it between music and interviews.
    I'm afraid it has been almost confirmed there's a lot of switching between documentary and concert footage all over, so taking that as confirmed we might as well make the most out of the documentary parts lol
  11. If there’s any talking in the middle of songs it’s literally going to go from potentially one of the best dvd releases from the band to the worst. Songs like OTH, MOTD and RHMT on dvd for the first time will be spoiled if you’ve got someone suddenly interrupting the song. Also in terms of an audio rip it makes it almost worthless as well. Fingers crossed TJT can just run in full, nobody needs a commentary of the album.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:If there’s any talking in the middle of songs it’s literally going to go from potentially one of the best dvd releases from the band to the worst. Songs like OTH, MOTD and RHMT on dvd for the first time will be spoiled if you’ve got someone suddenly interrupting the song. Also in terms of an audio rip it makes it almost worthless as well. Fingers crossed TJT can just run in full, nobody needs a commentary of the album.
    I don't think they'd interrupt songs in the middle, would they? It's a crime. I remember Heartland on the R&H VHS/DVD being completely ruined by it. Also When Love Comes To Town (not that I care much about the song but anyway) iirc. Nah, I don't think they'd do that. Maybe interrupt a rehearsal of a song with an interview, then segue in to the proper performance, I can see that.