1. all this silence about it is horrible
  2. this is really weird

do you think that Bono left the recordings in his car?

and who would want a DVD?

downloads and some sort of tangible digital boxset release - with a SD card/USB/whatever - is the way to go

I mean - a disc that rotates on machinery? what is this - the 1920s?
  3. I would love to see this film / concert. But they definitely don't want to release anything. Today I don't see much sense in a new release of one tour that pass almost 4 years ago. They lost the moment.
    I would happy with some release, but I will be very surprise.
  4. A lot of artist have released (very) old material like Bowie, Dylan, Elvis, Neil Young and are selling quite well. So maybe wait for about 20 years and the Heartland movie will be a bestseller ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  5. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:I would love to see this film / concert. But they definitely don't want to release anything. Today I don't see much sense in a new release of one tour that pass almost 4 years ago. They lost the moment.
    I would happy with some release, but I will be very surprise.
    You also said you didn’t think they would release the E&I Berlin show not long before they announced it as a subscription gift. The only reason Heartland hasn’t been released this year by the sounds of it is because cinemas are either not open or limited in capacity. Once that changes they’ve got a chance to release it.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You also said you didn’t think they would release the E&I Berlin show not long before they announced it as a subscription gift. The only reason Heartland hasn’t been released this year by the sounds of it is because cinemas are either not open or limited in capacity. Once that changes they’ve got a chance to release it.
    Pretty much this and there were other things as part of the release AFAIK
  7. I think a Netflix or Amazon Prime deal is the best approach.
  8. Yep, or even Apple TV.
  9. That would be the quickest way to make some money maybe but I think there’s still a lot more money in waiting to get it to cinemas. The band and there management even are probably in no rush, Joshua Tree sells whether it’s today next month or next year. Unless there’s a massive offer for it which I think is unlikely they’ll just wait.
  10. I hope that it will be released to theatres first and not in streaming format...
  11. If they did release it on a streaming service then that would most likely mean no commercial physical release which would be a shame. Would also mean no bonus features.
  12. There’s a possibility that it becomes a fanclub gift for the 35th anniversary of JT in 2022. They could release it in cinema or stream it and still do that. My money would still be on cinema then dvd/blu Ray/maybe 4K release but it wouldn’t surprise me if the fanclub was the only way to get a physical copy.