1. Originally posted by f1schu111:I hope they release Japan 2019 instead of what they filmed in 2017. Bono sounds great and better setlist than first leg. Or even some bonus content of 2019 shows
    They didn't film Japan 2019. No extra cameras there at all which would indicate filming was taking place. They were everywhere in Mexico City.

The Mexico film is edited, and the audio mixed. There's a contract in place to show it in theatres. It'll show up at some point. I imagine they aren't in a rush yet if the album isn't due until 2023 sometime. Could put it out at any point this year or early next.
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    They didn't film Japan 2019. No extra cameras there at all which would indicate filming was taking place. They were everywhere in Mexico City.

The Mexico film is edited, and the audio mixed. There's a contract in place to show it in theatres. It'll show up at some point. I imagine they aren't in a rush yet if the album isn't due until 2023 sometime. Could put it out at any point this year or early next.
    They can still always use it for extra content on a release, those 2019 Joshua tree shows had usual 8 different cameras going. More than enough to get decent footage out of her bonus features
  3. I’ve got a feeling the bonus footage on a physical release will be maybe Spanish eyes and sweetest thing since they were both JT b sides. I know they were played as closers on different nights in Mexico but i reckon they’ll finish the movie with either One or Mothers Of The Disappeared. Can’t picture Spanish eyes or sweetest thing being the last thing people see and hear in cinema.
  4. How looooooooooooooooooooooooong, to wait for this film ????????????????????
    I travelled from South Africa to the Houston and Dallas shows in the US in 2017
  5. Many will (not) see and not (hear)
  6. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

I wonder if this is still in place considering the sudden appearance of Songs of Surrender.
  7. Maybe a whole package? I can see them just working on the greatest hits for Songs of Surrender. And JT2017 was kind of a greatest hits tour. So the extra on the boxset?
  8. Originally posted by JoeHar:[..]
    Maybe a whole package? I can see them just working on the greatest hits for Songs of Surrender. And JT2017 was kind of a greatest hits tour. So the extra on the boxset?
    It wasn’t a greatest hits tour?? It was a Joshua tree 30th anniversary tour. Sadly I don’t think we’ll get a box set of that. At least they release 6 tracks from that tour. Either on fan club releases or on itunes
  9. Ultimately it would all come down to how people define ‘greatest hits’ I thought songs would at least need to be all singles and successful ones at that and a lot of JT2017/19 wasn’t so I don’t think it was a greatest hits tour either but no point arguing over it anymore.
  10. Had to keep this thread going. 6 years after JT17 and no film.....Maybe it doesn't exist.