1. Anyone know the chords for piano?
  2. This is a such a beautiful song, I cant get it out of my head. But so so sad; like a punch in the gut when i read the lyrics and think of what they could mean.

They should release this instead of The Best Thing; it would do so much better IMO.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I FINALLY could put my finger on what the vocal line of the second part of The Little Things reminded me of, after humming and humming and humming it for days while mentally going over the whole U2 catalogue... It seems like I didn't have to look into U2's catalogue after all

Tell me if you agree: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B01p4oKNjvIVbDl4emJYYjk5Y0U

Now that I've found it, it is so obvious... It almost hurts that it took me so long to find out.

Woah
  4. I played it on guitar and i think it's something like

Bbminor G# F# Ebminor (that's for the verses then it's

C# G# F# Ebminor (That's for the lines that start 'its the little things... and also the outro from 'sometimes' til they end, I think)
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I played it on guitar and i think it's something like

Bbminor G# F# Ebminor (that's for the verses then it's

C# G# F# Ebminor (That's for the lines that start 'its the little things... and also the outro from 'sometimes' til they end, I think)
    I will check when I get home, thanks!
  6. No worries, I forgot to mention as well the little fill parts are a Bbminor and they chords are only per line if you know what i mean so you'd play the first part 3 times then the second part 2 times then the fill, then the first part 2 times the second part 2 times, fill again and then the second part for as long as the sometimes bit lasts. Hope that makes sense lol.
  7. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Maybe the song is about earlier when they wanted to break up?! SOI was about the early dates, if SOE is about the 90's then it could be about after RAH and they were about to break up, I don't know.
    I've listened to the song with this in mind and would have to agree with you. There a part in from the sky down where bono talks about how serious he has become according to Ali and not fun anymore etc at the end of he 80s, all his innocence has died. There's also a part where he talks at how they have become the enemie and everything they were against when they started out, the hunted had become the pray. Just my thoughts...
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:So I woke up this morning with the thought that Little Things is actually about climate change... Will get back on this
    Then, last night in Santa Clara, Bono introduced the song with "we're warming up."
    With this perspective the lyrics easily fall in to place:

You were high above the storm
    A hurricane being born
    What was freedom
    It might cost you your liberty
    And not awkward to get emotional about it.

The first verse is also quite interesting. It is introducing the Climate Change as a character:

The night gave you song
    A light had been turned on
    You walked out in the world
    Like you belong there
    For it never was such an explicit theme for U2, but now realizing, with a shock perhaps, that it has in fact been there all the time as a theme on the background. Like with the Drop The Debt campaign and Make Poverty History:

You were high above the storm
    A hurricane being born
    What was freedom
    It might cost you your liberty
    And most of us will admit that, whilst it was mostly a theoretical and "scientific data" thing, the effects become more and more tangible each day: "The little things" that tell on a far more direct way that there is something going on:

The words you cannot say
    Your big mouth in the way
    It’s the little things that tease and betray
    As the hunted I become the prey
    It’s the little things
    The little things that give you away

...to be continued (but I had to put this out before I go out - please chew and comment!)
  9. Wow, never thought of that BigGiRL

Song becomes even more valuable to me now.
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Then, last night in Santa Clara, Bono introduced the song with "we're warming up."
    With this perspective the lyrics easily fall in to place:

[..]
    And not awkward to get emotional about it.

The first verse is also quite interesting. It is introducing the Climate Change as a character:

[..]
    For it never was such an explicit theme for U2, but now realizing, with a shock perhaps, that it has in fact been there all the time as a theme on the background. Like with the Drop The Debt campaign and Make Poverty History:

[..]
    And most of us will admit that, whilst it was mostly a theoretical and "scientific data" thing, the effects become more and more tangible each day: "The little things" that tell on a far more direct way that there is something going on:

[..]

...to be continued (but I had to put this out before I go out - please chew and comment!)
    I like the idea, but I still think my theory is the right one