1. Spotify version. Yes please.
  2. “When the painted glass shatters, you’re a the only thing that matters”.

One of Bono’s best.
  3. Album version>

It’s just more complete, the idea of the song is expressed better. The Spotify version sounds like a demo performance.
  4. I hereby declare my right to disagree. The Spotify version feels a little more alive.
  5. Spotify version misses the interesting sounds and guitars from album version in the first half and misses the energy, strength and climax from live version in the second half... so not for me (mate).
  6. I don't post a lot on here, or any forums anymore for that matter (just because of social media)...

but this song... my God. I'll just say, I deal with depression and anxiety, and the second half of the song immediately got to me on a deep level the first time I heard it. What Bono describes in those lyrics, I deal with that junk. And it ain't fun. It's, dare I say it, one of U2's best songs ever.

As long as we're talking about the Spotify version. It has the rawness and pure emotion from the live versions mixed in with finished lyrics. The album version is too slick and I pretend it never happened.
  7. Originally posted by beau99:I don't post a lot on here, or any forums anymore for that matter (just because of social media)...

but this song... my God. I'll just say, I deal with depression and anxiety, and the second half of the song immediately got to me on a deep level the first time I heard it. What Bono describes in those lyrics, I deal with that junk. And it ain't fun. It's, dare I say it, one of U2's best songs ever.

As long as we're talking about the Spotify version. It has the rawness and pure emotion from the live versions mixed in with finished lyrics. The album version is too slick and I pretend it never happened.
    I'll only disagree with you on your comment about the album version; although I haven't heard the Spotify version, the album version is resonating with me tonight over some issues going on with a dear friend of mine after his father's death... And reminding me of my own "little things." A real U2 classic in my opinion.
  8. I love this song.

The synthesis between the band at 3:22 is so so good. That second in the song is incredible to me, it takes you to another place and the band really go there consequently.

It is a no holes barred last throw of the U2 dice to me. It makes me emotional knowing that our band’s end is near, albeit sometimes.

It’s a shame this isn’t a single and a video like
    Sometimes you can’t make it...
  9. Album version gets 100 out of 100. Spotify version gets 90 ( imho ).