2017-05-17 - Santa Clara
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1

1. Still wish Edge played guitar instead of piano
  2. Oh dear !!!

3. Seems like Adam decided to start the song again for no apparent reason !! On ISHFWILF in Vancouver either Larry came in too soon or Adam came in too late not sure which. So much for all the rehearsals !!
  4. messy...
  5. Amateur night !! The fact that the video op. fell asleep at the controls didn't help
  6. Amateur indeed.... not the best band in the world alright... musically speaking. Listening to for example great jam-bands like Phish or Dave Matthews Band there are light years in contrast to U2's playing.
  7. Originally posted by aski:Amateur indeed.... not the best band in the world alright... musically speaking. Listening to for example great jam-bands like Phish or Dave Matthews Band there are light years in contrast to U2's playing.
    True. Just proves playing skill isn't everything because u2 is light years ahead of both those bands in. awards, top 1,s , fame, bank accounts, best songs ever. Ect
  8. And only the 3rd show. U2 is known for the fact that the first shows are usually not their best. And also the E streetband make some mistakes.
  9. U2 and Phish... two of my all time favorites... apples and oranges.

U2 can't do what Phish does and Phish can't do what U2 does.

U2 should be rehearsed though before they get in front of so many paying fans.
  10. Originally posted by gurtholfin:U2 and Phish... two of my all time favorites... apples and oranges.

U2 can't do what Phish does and Phish can't do what U2 does.

U2 should be rehearsed though before they get in front of so many paying fans.
    I agree. It's their job and they should take it seriously. Everyone can have tech problems like IEMs not working or memory problems and forget or switch a few lyrics, but... it's been a long long time since I last heard Bono nailing one of his own lyrics. I'm all for improv and spontaneity but I'd like some proper lyrics every now and then too...
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I agree. It's their job and they should take it seriously. Everyone can have tech problems like IEMs not working or memory problems and forget or switch a few lyrics, but... it's been a long long time since I last heard Bono nailing one of his own lyrics. I'm all for improv and spontaneity but I'd like some proper lyrics every now and then too...