2017-06-03 - Chicago
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 2
  1. What happened to Coldplay ? Was it rained off ?
  2. Played through it but I think a short set? It was also delayed a bit I think.
  3. Opening acts didn't play, shortened their set by half an hour due to the weather.
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Yeah, I've been checking the weather every day this week cause that's making me a little nervous...they've dropped the forecast from 80% to only 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms, so I'm hoping we miss it.

Also not too thrilled with the forecast showing a high of 86 degrees Fahrenheit, especially with next week looking a lot cooler, but oh well. The last time I saw them at Soldier Field during 360 in 2011 it was very hot, too. Somehow Bono survives with wearing a leather jacket regardless of the heat!

Been to a lot of shows at Soldier and it's often cooler than the forecast down by the lake. I've been in jeans and long sleeves in July.

Major storms hit for the Grateful Dead in 93. Came through after the opener (Sting) and they made everyone clear the bowl and go underneath. The crush was so bad below that we said screw it and went back out.

Rather be hit by lightning than suffocated by a mass of hippies.

Hopefully it misses.

I'm going Sunday.
  5. They had to cut the set short. Officials told them they had to evacuate the stadium/make spectators find cover.
  6. Threat of lightning ?
  7. U2 also cut short on the 2nd Zurich show during 360 show. Streets wen straight to MOS.
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Yeah, I've been checking the weather every day this week cause that's making me a little nervous...they've dropped the forecast from 80% to only 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms, so I'm hoping we miss it.

Also not too thrilled with the forecast showing a high of 86 degrees Fahrenheit, especially with next week looking a lot cooler, but oh well. The last time I saw them at Soldier Field during 360 in 2011 it was very hot, too. Somehow Bono survives with wearing a leather jacket regardless of the heat!

Just 3 days ago the forecast sad mid 60's
  9. Boarding Amtrak for Chicago in Flint, Michigan 8am tomorrow, rain or shine!
  10. Living in New Zealand, I'm strategically trying to get the kids passed out on a 'play date' so I can watch a Periscope of the Chicago soiree. This time will be about 1 pm (NZtime). It's Queen's Birthday Weekend here in NZ, which is the weekend that heralds the onset of winter.
    Look, I know many of you might not have kids, but it's a logistical nightmare trying to sneak in seeing your fav band via love feeds.
    Personally, I'm hoping 'Little things' is whacked back in, but the marketing purpose of the tour is to reinvigorate lapsed (U2) users. So, it'll probably be IWF.
    Looking forward to the live feed...
  11. I bet they do Little Things and IWF on different nights. They tend to roll everything out of the box in Chicago. They were soundchecking ASOH last night at Soldier Field.