2017-06-09 - Manchester
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:I haven't checked the festival's timings but I doubt they are assigned a slot any longer than 90 minutes so I think it will be TJT + 8 other songs max. Not that it differs much from the actual tour setlists (which is lame), but still...
    It might end up being a better setlist than the tour in terms of having a better flow to it. You've got to imagine ultraviolet and Miss Sarajevo will be among the first to go, unfortunately we'll also likely lose ASOH and maybe the Little Things but then look at the songs that leaves, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Bad, Pride, Beautiful Day, Elevation, One, I will Follow, and TJT, that would keep a festival crowd happy.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It might end up being a better setlist than the tour in terms of having a better flow to it. You've got to imagine ultraviolet and Miss Sarajevo will be among the first to go, unfortunately we'll also likely lose ASOH and maybe the Little Things but then look at the songs that leaves, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Bad, Pride, Beautiful Day, Elevation, One, I will Follow, and TJT, that would keep a festival crowd happy.
    You're pretty much spot on. I don't think they'll expose a festival crowd to the Joshua rarities (aka everything after Bullet) plus ASOH, Ultraviolet, Miss Sarajevo, a new song... It's either one or the another - and I think they'll stick to TJT.
  3. Open with TJT?

Would be great.
  4. I think we'll never see Streets open a show again as Edge thinks it's something they need to build up to. That's what he said about Glastonbury and that's what he said about this tour, can't see him changing his mind. It will probably be structured similar to shows so far just minus the songs we've mentioned above.

5. Xm/Sirius just advertised broadcast all weekend on multiple channels so I'm assuming it includes u2
  6. I don't believe this one is gonna be that great, play the entire album for a festival crowd don't make much sense to me
  7. Look forward to seeing Future Islands
  8. Muse did it with Origin Of Symetry and it was great... (of course wasn't there personally)
  9. It's not too bold I don't think, definitely wouldn't be playing it safe but I think it works as long as they stick to classics at the end. A lot of bands play festivals in the middle of touring a new album and play 4 or 5 non singles of the new album so we're looking at similarities.
  10. They need to be careful with the set list for sure to avoid a backfire , like the iheart festival
  11. I think Vertigo, Until the End will make debuts for sure maybe MWays