2017-06-11 - Miami
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 1
  1. florence henderson LOL
  2. hi edge, thanks for getting back to me! I am so excited you have agreed to play Miami, Crumbs and Seconds!!! You are THE BEST EVER ----- Mr. THEE EDGE.
    love you!!!!
    Thank you!!!!!
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Wow! Seriously? Did you actually watch Florence and The Machine? They were fantastic!

What hurts is the rest of the world gets Noel Gallagher and we get mediocrity, at best...
    I guess I am being a bit harsh. I did see two full Florence shows. She is talented, and not bad at all. I was just bored most of the time. I guess I am spoiled by other shows where I got better opening acts. The Time, Macy Gray, Victor Wooten, and Sheila E with Prince, Living Colour with The Rolling Stones. Snow Patrol just don't do it for me, and as a Lenny Kravitz fan, it stunk to get stuck with someone that I am not into. Maybe just a bitter old man complaining here.
  4. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    I guess I am being a bit harsh. I did see two full Florence shows. She is talented, and not bad at all. I was just bored most of the time. I guess I am spoiled by other shows where I got better opening acts. The Time, Macy Gray, Victor Wooten, and Sheila E with Prince, Living Colour with The Rolling Stones. Snow Patrol just don't do it for me, and as a Lenny Kravitz fan, it stunk to get stuck with someone that I am not into. Maybe just a bitter old man complaining here.
    One man's trash . I get it. Personally, for me, Macy Gray

Last time I saw Joshua Tree I had to suffer through Buckwheat Zydeco and Los Lobos for 2 shows before I finally got the BoDeans as an opener.

I'll give One Republic the benefit of the doubt while I am feeling out the floor for the best spot to plant myself at after the opening b-stage sequence.

As for Lenny, he jammed at my house before (true story, no lie!) so I'll never get better than that!
  5. Originally posted by peatiedog:hi edge, thanks for getting back to me! I am so excited you have agreed to play Miami, Crumbs and Seconds!!! You are THE BEST EVER ----- Mr. THEE EDGE.
    love you!!!!
    Thank you!!!!!
    Um yeah... hi, it's me, Larry again. Perhaps you've forgotten this all started as the Larry Mullen Band... Just chiming in because Mr. The Edge tells the truth about as often as Bono so I really don't want you getting your hopes up...
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I don't know why on Earth one would want to catch OneRepublic but I think getting there by 5:30PM should be good enough to get into the stadium and have a beer before 1R hits the stage - as long as the venue doesn't fuck up the entry with the paperless tickets of course.

I didn't know it was your first show ever! Have a blast

I like Counting Stars and that's it. Haha. Just want to hear it live.

And thanks Sergio. I'm sure it will measure up to my expectations
  7. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    I understand... I had four support acts during 360... once Kasabian (and enjoyed it a lot even if they had terrible sound in Frankfurt), once Lenny (in Seattle and he rocked the house) and then very boring ones: four times Snow Patrol and twice Interpol. I was very jealous for NA getting Muse... So I'm glad for Noel now so we will got some Oasis classics
  8. I will give One Direction, or is it Republic that dancing stars song as a nice studio summer song, but doubt I will enjoy it live. Aint they the group with so called but not really Sooper Producer Ryan Teddy Bear? I blame him for me not being into SOI like everybody else lol. Seriously, I am jealous Lenny jammed at your house...BoDeans were a decent opener for sure. It will be fun to see where I end up being for the Miami show. I doubt I can get in on the floor due to U2 and Ticketmaster's Super Fan Friendly ticketing system. It's great that everybody is overjoyed at the way tickets are handled Good thing I don't sound bitter, crabby and cranky? Somebody queue up Breathe man!
  9. Originally posted by pleasegone:I will give One Direction, or is it Republic that dancing stars song as a nice studio summer song, but doubt I will enjoy it live. Aint they the group with so called but not really Sooper Producer Ryan Teddy Bear? I blame him for me not being into SOI like everybody else lol. Seriously, I am jealous Lenny jammed at your house...BoDeans were a decent opener for sure. It will be fun to see where I end up being for the Miami show. I doubt I can get in on the floor due to U2 and Ticketmaster's Super Fan Friendly ticketing system. It's great that everybody is overjoyed at the way tickets are handled Good thing I don't sound bitter, crabby and cranky? Somebody queue up Breathe man!
    Go to the shows pages and click on the Mimi show then go to the ticket link. Somebody here wants to trade 2 GA for 2 seats!
  10. I was not able to get a ticket at all. Since it is my birthday, I was a little whiney, but I know it is easy to get into a show in Miami, so I hope it works out, but will be on floor in Tampa, so I will keep trying back here. thanks for reminding me!
  11. No problem. Keep the faith. Where there is will, there is way. And everyone knows the force is always stronger with he who puts blind faith into a birthday road trip!
  12. OH, Larry I am so happy to hear from you about THE LARRY MULLEN BAND being the groups 'real' name. I just hope that you will tell the other guys that you WANT to play these obscure songs; Crumbs, Miami and Seconds.....You must know that it is fun to dust off some of these oldies and play them live for us. Thank you for telling Mr. THEE Edge that you agree these song should be played. Yes, it is my 90th birthday and I may not be around much longer to get the chance to hear these tunes played live. Many Thanks and LOVE!