1. Originally posted by MattG:Yeah, my plan was to wait for side one of JT to be over, and then move so we could get a better view for side two... I was so nervous about not finding another good spot, we stuck it out in the dead middle of the crowd until the album was over. Made our way to the left during the end of Mothers, and found a great pocket all the way against the side wall where we could swing around a little!
    I just hope it will be thin enough during One Republic to muscle in right to the edge and then I'll camp until after Streets (as I know I'll be mesmerized by the red back drop intro same I was on original) Then from there I'll wander about. And God willing something will give in the next 2 shows so I don't have find someplace to sit during encore portion.
  2. Originally posted by MattG:I got there about a half hour after doors, but figured since there was SO much rail space considering the entire length of the catwalk and B-stage, we'd be fine. We really weren't far from the B stage at all, but when they were on the main, they were very tiny.

No room in the crowd to back up or move at all - if you check out that night 2 picture and look at the GA crowd, it was at least that packed on night one - almost all the way back. We ended up going far, far to the left side after awhile, and finding a patch big enough to actually dance a little bit in. Was still hard at some points to see the stage, but way more enjoyable to have our space.

Despite being packed like sardines (which I remember also being the case when I did GA at Soldier Field and in East Lansing on 360), that's impressive that you showed up a half hour AFTER the doors opened and still got that close. I got about that close from the "E stage" at the United Center showing up shortly before opening, but assumed at stadiums there'd be a longer line throughout the day? Making me re-think how early I want to get to Cleveland for GA next month...
  3. GA right by the B-Stage gives you the most balanced experience in that you'll get the band up close while they are at the B-Stage and you're far enough away to be immersed by the video screens, which I do believe provide a lot for the show. Seats on either the left or right side of the stage, mid row or closer are very good for seats. As mentioned earlier, GA for stadiums is totally different compared to GA for arenas so it really depends on the degree to which you want to be involved regarding the prep work.
  4. Originally posted by ahn1991:GA right by the B-Stage gives you the most balanced experience in that you'll get the band up close while they are at the B-Stage and you're far enough away to be immersed by the video screens, which I do believe provide a lot for the show. Seats on either the left or right side of the stage, mid row or closer are very good for seats. As mentioned earlier, GA for stadiums is totally different compared to GA for arenas so it really depends on the degree to which you want to be involved regarding the prep work.
    How early in the day did you show up to get by the B-stage? That's where I'd like to be.
  5. I started waiting in line at around 1 pm for that spot for Rose Bowl 2. Remy did GA for Rose Bowl 1 and was in line at around 2:30 pm for a similar spot. You can see from his pictures of the night that it's probably the ideal spot for both band and screen exposure.