2017-06-18 - Philadelphia
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    On IE they had a month between legs. Only a week this time around so I don't think there'll be many changes from NYC 1+2 (last residency before Europe) to London 1+2.
    I think visuals could be more likely to change than anything but I wouldn't write off them swapping at least one song. I noticed that on the Miss Sarajevo intro when the woman from Syria is talking she says she would love to go to America, I think they'll at least have a new clip for that or a new song entirely in place of Miss Sarajevo but we'll see.
  2. I've been giving it some thought, and I really don't see them dropping Sarajevo without some struggle, because they've got that flag that passes over the crowd during the song...the message on the video is easy enough to change, but I think they like that element of the show.

It's really one of the only "unique" things to happen during the show, come to think of it.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think visuals could be more likely to change than anything but I wouldn't write off them swapping at least one song. I noticed that on the Miss Sarajevo intro when the woman from Syria is talking she says she would love to go to America, I think they'll at least have a new clip for that or a new song entirely in place of Miss Sarajevo but we'll see.
    Yeah and the Exit intro will also likely change. As well as the America snippet in Bad. No doubt the production team is already working full force on prepping all of this for Europe.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Yeah and the Exit intro will also likely change. As well as the America snippet in Bad. No doubt the production team is already working full force on prepping all of this for Europe.
    Ahh... But will they change the Exit intro film? I mean, isn't Trump considered a renowned snake-oil salesman throughout the world?
  5. I wouldn't be surprised if they just went straight into exit from one tree hill. It flows well on the album and I think it would still work well live.
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Ahh... But will they change the Exit intro film? I mean, isn't Trump considered a renowned snake-oil salesman throughout the world?
    Hmm I doubt they do that, less impact in Europe.
  7. Originally posted by MattG:I've been giving it some thought, and I really don't see them dropping Sarajevo without some struggle, because they've got that flag that passes over the crowd during the song...the message on the video is easy enough to change, but I think they like that element of the show.

It's really one of the only "unique" things to happen during the show, come to think of it.
    The way this tour has been going, they'll probably end up swapping MS for Walk On pretty soon. Keeping the visuals of course.
  8. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:[..]
    The way this tour has been going, they'll probably end up swapping MS for Walk On pretty soon. Keeping the visuals of course.
    I accept that change!
  9. Most of their tours fall back to usual safety net. This one is no diff. Instead of digging deeper they fall back to Elevation , Vertigo and MW. I'm sure COBL is just around the corner
  10. I more than accept it, walk on is an excellent song, however it's definitely a closer, either main set or full show so it couldn't take direct place of Miss Sarajevo.
  11. I don't think a single thing will change in the Joshua Tree set, Trump intro to Exit included in that.

The ENTIRE theme of The Joshua Tree is the American landscape, both literally and metaphorically. The band has far bigger things to worry about than Trump if they want to take USA elements out of the show.

I think even the snippet in Bad has a chance of staying put.

The things that will really change are the speeches...he can't relate the writing of the album to the crowd in Europe the same, because he pandered a lot to "this great country" etc. so some of that will change. The RED speech before One will likely be a little different, since he's hung up on American tax payers automatically being AIDS activists, now.

Most of their tours fall back to usual safety net. This one is no diff. Instead of digging deeper they fall back to Elevation , Vertigo and MW. I'm sure COBL is just around the corner

This is both true and untrue...the settling-in can definitely be a problem, but as long as they're still in the mood to make a few nightly rotations, I sincerely doubt we'll see the same 4 songs for 3 legs of an entire tour.
  12. Spoiler (click to toggle)

My Playlist...

Greetings!!