2017-07-08 - London
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by Timk68:There are houses literally over the road from Twickers so it will be strict curfew.
    Wonder if the sound volume will also be lowered a bit
    Usually the same deal with Croke. I imagine London councils will be forceful of any curfew as well.
  2. They usually just cut the PA system mid song if they pass the curfew.
  3. Haven't seen it that harsh in a while. Usually a band can play out their song. Cutting off midway risks a crowd backlash.

Either way, U2 are an obedient bunch these days so they will start early when told.
  4. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    I'm dreading getting back, I'm near Tower Bridge. Went in 2005, and ended up walking back to my hotel in Ealing (closest hotel I could get back then, which was about an 8 mile walk or something - not fun after the hottest day of the year when you've been queuing since 6am lol - the things we do for U2).

As far as I understand its zone 2 on the tube, nearest station is about 1.5 miles away Hounslow East I think. I'll be getting there by tube and just walk from there, but getting back, I think its probably by rail from Twickenham Station which does go into central London. Tube is all night now on weekends I believe, so you should just be able to hop off anywhere in central London, and work your way back on the tube. That said, not sure if weekends includes sunday nights. Believe you can use your Oyster card (if you've got one) on the train there. Need to double check that though.

I've never been to Twickenham for a gig but I've been dozens of times for the rugby. A good trick on the way there is to get off at Richmond and walk along the Twickenham Road. Pubs are usually quieter that way. Hounslow works as well but is less craic.On the way back there's probably not many options other than to queue, but it's well policed and, again, if it's anything like the rugby, they have a system whereby the queue goes through the bottom gate and is divided up according to the directions people are going. There's still official parking available on the RFU website, and there'll also be parking at The Stoop and Richmond College, but they say to be there by 3pm.
  5. All this talk,rightly so,about ASOH or not is great debate but tbh if someone said to me just a year ago that I might get
    Bad
    Pride
    Streets
    ISHF
    IN THAT ORDER I'd probably check what they were smoking!
    If they'd told me that on my way home at Wembley Central 13th June 1987 I think I would get myself checked in.....
  6. As already said 2005 Twix...32C sweltering gig and on the Sunday a nightmare to get back from...on the plus side, very ZooTV gig.
  7. Originally posted by Edi:As already said 2005 Twix...32C sweltering gig and on the Sunday a nightmare to get back from...on the plus side, very ZooTV gig.
    It's forecast to be a lot cooler than that. Thank goodness.
  8. Originally posted by yoda7:All this talk,rightly so,about ASOH or not is great debate but tbh if someone said to me just a year ago that I might get
    Bad
    Pride
    Streets
    ISHF
    IN THAT ORDER I'd probably check what they were smoking!
    If they'd told me that on my way home at Wembley Central 13th June 1987 I think I would get myself checked in.....
    Huh. I saw a couple of videos on ASOH on the tube and I thought it sounded fuckin' awesome, especially given that it's one of those 80s songs that requires quite a bit of power from Bono.