2017-07-22 - Dublin
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:Do you think there was a nervousness there maybe? They could have been thinking about it too much instead of just enjoying themselves.
    Yea they definitely weren't as comfortable in Dublin and it affected the performance.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Do you think there was a nervousness there maybe? They could have been thinking about it too much instead of just enjoying themselves.
    A second show would have solved that instantly. First show the nerves, second show the joy. Always like that. Why they haven't hit Croker 2 times is beyond us all and will remain a mistery forever I'm afraid
  3. Performance aside, the setlist choice was indifferent and odd. The snippets were strange.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    A second show would have solved that instantly. First show the nerves, second show the joy. Always like that. Why they haven't hit Croker 2 times is beyond us all and will remain a mistery forever I'm afraid
    People outside and the lady of the airbnb I was staying at said that there are only 4 shows a year allowed at Croke Park, and after U2 the 4 shows already been done.
  5. So why not play another venue ? Slane etc ??
  6. I thought there's only 3 allowed a year. Especially after the Garth Brooks fiasco. Coldplay and U2 have played so far at Croke this year. Don't know of anyone else.
  7. Slane is limited too since there's a lot of disruption to those in the village.
  8. Play Belfast then
  9. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:[..]
    People outside and the lady of the airbnb I was staying at said that there are only 4 shows a year allowed at Croke Park, and after U2 the 4 shows already been done.
    That's simply not good enough! A band like U2 going "home" back to Ireland you would think that there would be at least 3 dates
  10. I think there's more to it why they didn't do a 2nd Irish date. I think the band and even promoters would have been keen on it, guaranteed sell out. There must have been something stopping them we don't know about.