2017-07-22 - Dublin
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by EthanD:A lot of people regard this show as one of the worst they've seen, and it seems like a contributing factor is simply that they didn't play A Sort Of Homecoming.
    No,it's not (just) that. It was also awkwardly extending America snippet in Bad, Bono not able to read teleprompter properly, whole band looked tired and going on autopilot, massive amount of people leaving for beer/piss break after WOWY, half ot the stadium leaving after or during One (to catch the bus or what)... so many things weren't good that night.
  2. Also the fact that the stadium wasn't in the dark...it didn't help the lightshow, only the planes were special. But Dublin it's not only the show itself
  3. Originally posted by EthanD:A lot of people regard this show as one of the worst they've seen, and it seems like a contributing factor is simply that they didn't play A Sort Of Homecoming.
    Contributing factor - yes ✔️
    Decisive factor - yes (for me) ✔️
    Only factor - hell, no ❌

Alvin explained it perfectly. This show had all the potential to be a truly epic night of rock and roll, and a landmark for the roster of U2 Irish shows (only tour ever since TUF where they played just one concert in Ireland)... But instead they played a meh show without anything special apart from the jet flyover during Streets. More than a bad show perse (which it was not) it's a huge missed chance.
  4. For me it wasn’t that much different than the Amsterdam show.
    Thing with catching the bus was true. We waited until show was over and got on a Ghostbus. Nice thing from the bus driver to do: he had the signlight off But let people in and did the stops
  5. Originally posted by Pipo:For me it wasn’t that much different than the Amsterdam show.
    Thing with catching the bus was true. We waited until show was over and got on a Ghostbus. Nice thing from the bus driver to do: he had the signlight off But let people in and did the stops
    I was at second Amsterdam show and it was much much better. And not only because of ASOH was played. Also the performance and crowd was much better. Band in much better shape and during IWF the house almost went down.
  6. I still love going back to watch YouTube videos of the show. I enjoy them much more than I enjoyed the show in person. Different vibes entirely in Amsterdam a weekend later.

The magic dust just wasn’t in the air in Dublin.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:I still love going back to watch YouTube videos of the show. I enjoy them much more than I enjoyed the show in person. Different vibes entirely in Amsterdam a weekend later.

The magic dust just wasn’t in the air in Dublin.
    I was at the opposite end of the stadium to the stage in the stands and the crowd there were really into it and singing along every word the sound was excellent because of the speaker pylons set up on the pitch ,Ok certain songs on TJT aren't really stadium rockers like ,TTYW,Mothers,Red Hill and I think a big problem at U2 shows is the video screens they can suck the life out of the atmosphere particularly when they aren't showing the band .
  8. Ironic statement for someone whose username is popmarter

9. Indeed no news from Nuno for a while, hope he's getting well
  10. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I was at second Amsterdam show and it was much much better. And not only because of ASOH was played. Also the performance and crowd was much better. Band in much better shape and during IWF the house almost went down.
    Oh how pissed i was they played IWF and not Little Things 🙁
  11. Am I right in thinking the band started a little later than usual too? Saw them at London 1 and Dublin, London 1 was a far better show! But least I can say I saw them in there home 😂
  12. I know video screens are essential at stadium gigs but show the band not some arty images that goes over most people's heads and who are there to see the band and hear the songs,TJT tour focused mainly on that which was a shame.