Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. 5 years to the day

Still among the best moments of my entire life ✅

And still the most disappointing U2 show overall from the 11 I've seen

But it's good to remember it anyway ☘️

2. 5 years on and the infamous IEM recording still remains a holy grail.

We can only continue to wait and hope...
  3. My disappointment at the America snippet still has the power to stop me in my tracks to this day.

Adam’s bass during the Streets intro rumbling through the pitch underfoot remains a highlight though. Haven’t felt that at a U2 gig before.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:5 years to the day

Still among the best moments of my entire life ✅

And still the most disappointing U2 show overall from the 11 I've seen

But it's good to remember it anyway ☘️

[YouTube Video]
    The whole 2017 tour was underwhelming (except for Little Things, Exit and maybe south american leg). They didn't even try to hide that they were touring because they had to, not because they wanted to. 2019 was a lot better!! They seem to enjoy every minute of the 2019 tour
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:My disappointment at the America snippet still has the power to stop me in my tracks to this day.

Adam’s bass during the Streets intro rumbling through the pitch underfoot remains a highlight though. Haven’t felt that at a U2 gig before.
    Imagine they played the John Lennon version of Stand By Me at that show as the intro and Running with a Dirty Old Town snippet.
    Bad with Heroes snippet.
    A Sort Of Homecoming added to the set before Bad.
    Found with Stand By Me snippet and Without You w/ Shine Like Stars and Follow after Little Things...
  6. The gig was so close to being great yet so far
  7. Originally posted by IwillFOLLOW:[..]
    Imagine they played the John Lennon version of Stand By Me at that show as the intro and Running with a Dirty Old Town snippet.
    Bad with Heroes snippet.
    Found with Stand By Me snippet and Without You w/ Shine Like Stars and Follow after Little Things...
    Such minor tweaks to elevate a gig to the next level. It’s a compliment to the bands high performance levels that such slight tweaks are what set a show apart but it’s also annoying because it’s all so minor that they should really do it every now and again.

Somebody definitely uploaded the wrong firmware that night. I still watch the videos fondly on YouTube though. The gig is not a memorable one however.
  8. Closing with "the little things" was a let down as a final song as great a song as it is it was too unknown for a rowdy stadium audience they should of put it instead of Miss Sarajevo and ended with IWF/Gloria/40 or similar and send the crowd home singing out of the stadium 🏟.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:My disappointment at the America snippet still has the power to stop me in my tracks to this day.

Bono thinks he's an American
  10. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    The whole 2017 tour was underwhelming (except for Little Things, Exit and maybe south american leg). They didn't even try to hide that they were touring because they had to, not because they wanted to.

Originally posted by IwillFOLLOW:[..]
    Bad with Heroes snippet.
    Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Such minor tweaks to elevate a gig to the next level. It’s a compliment to the bands high performance levels that such slight tweaks are what set a show apart but it’s also annoying because it’s all so minor that they should really do it every now and again.

Somebody definitely uploaded the wrong firmware that night. I still watch the videos fondly on YouTube though. The gig is not a memorable one however.
    Originally posted by popmarter:Closing with "the little things" was a let down as a final song as great a song as it is it was too unknown for a rowdy stadium audience they should of put it instead of Miss Sarajevo and ended with IWF/Gloria/40 or similar and send the crowd home singing out of the stadium 🏟.

Yes to everything. It's so sad Today should be a super celebration day for me yet it's only the reminder that the first Dublin U2 show I saw was simply underwhelming. When the highlight of the show was something not even related to the music (the jets flying over Croker) something clearly didn't work that night
  11. Originally posted by popmarter:Closing with "the little things" was a let down as a final song as great a song as it is it was too unknown for a rowdy stadium audience they should of put it instead of Miss Sarajevo and ended with IWF/Gloria/40 or similar and send the crowd home singing out of the stadium 🏟.
    You could make the case though that they shouldn’t play more than a couple of new songs at any tour as they end up dropping big hitters to accommodate the new songs. As much as on fan sites we generally don’t want to hear a greatest hits set I think a true hits/best of set would be the most crowd pleasing so I’m glad they don’t cater to people too much and do things like finish gigs with little things or 13(there is a light) rather than do the predictable. Little things is one of the best closers they’ve done that I’ve personally witnessed, for my taste anyway, behind only walk on and 40. (Well technically little things wasn’t the closer at Twickenham, don’t look back in anger was but I would have walked out more than happy after little things).
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You could make the case though that they shouldn’t play more than a couple of new songs at any tour as they end up dropping big hitters to accommodate the new songs. As much as on fan sites we generally don’t want to hear a greatest hits set I think a true hits/best of set would be the most crowd pleasing so I’m glad they don’t cater to people too much and do things like finish gigs with little things or 13(there is a light) rather than do the predictable. Little things is one of the best closers they’ve done that I’ve personally witnessed, for my taste anyway, behind only walk on and 40. (Well technically little things wasn’t the closer at Twickenham, don’t look back in anger was but I would have walked out more than happy after little things).
    You choose Walk On above Love Is Blindness? 😱 For me LIB was the best closer ever. 40 is second. One was the worst closer