2017-07-22 - Dublin
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. I didn’t witness love is blindness in person. There’s very little between 40, walk on and love is blindness though imo. All 10/10 songs.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You could make the case though that they shouldn’t play more than a couple of new songs at any tour as they end up dropping big hitters to accommodate the new songs. As much as on fan sites we generally don’t want to hear a greatest hits set I think a true hits/best of set would be the most crowd pleasing so I’m glad they don’t cater to people too much and do things like finish gigs with little things or 13(there is a light) rather than do the predictable. Little things is one of the best closers they’ve done that I’ve personally witnessed, for my taste anyway, behind only walk on and 40. (Well technically little things wasn’t the closer at Twickenham, don’t look back in anger was but I would have walked out more than happy after little things).
    Why restrict it to 22,23 songs they could easily play 30 songs per night especially as the touring
    schedule isn’t as extensive as past tours , GnR can do 35 songs some nights and so does Paul McCartney and he's 80 , yes you can't keep everyone happy no matter what but they've such an extensive back catalogue that playing an extra 7 or 8 songs would really benefit the gig ,but they need to get away from the concept of a "Broadway Show " which is the approach they've taken to concerts since Zoo Tv which doesn't allow much room for spontaneity or improvisation .
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Why restrict it to 22,23 songs they could easily play 30 songs per night especially as the touring
    schedule isn’t as extensive as past tours , GnR can do 35 songs some nights and so does Paul McCartney and he's 80 , yes you can't keep everyone happy no matter what but they've such an extensive back catalogue that playing an extra 7 or 8 songs would really benefit the gig ,but they need to get away from the concept of a "Broadway Show " which is the approach they've taken to concerts since Zoo Tv which doesn't allow much room for spontaneity or improvisation .
    Even with 30 songs though there would still be a case of balance to deal with. Again if it’s all about pleasing the crowd then to please most of the crowd they still wouldn’t play much if any new material. I prefer the set sticks to nearer the 25 mark than drop closer to 20 songs which it has at times but generally speaking I think the way the band do things live is best. If you followed the band since the beginning and witnessed the average Setlist at every tour you’ll have seen a lot of different songs because they promote every album well live.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    This horse has already been beaten to death
  5. My only gripe is that they come on a little earlier so at least the option of throwing something extra is there. 11pm curfew and the band come on at 9 so there’s only time to play what has been rearranged.

Come on at quarter to and leave the option of a rarity or extended encore or a cheeky IWF at the end. The timing is military.
  6. I was at the JT 17 show in Seattle and IWF as a spontaneous closer was so refreshing. I left the stadium on a high wanting more U2! Seattle may have been the best JT 17 show... A Sort of Homecomimg, Little Things, Eddie Vedder singing Mother's of the Disappeared, and the IWF mentioned above. That was a great May Sunday night!
  7. Originally posted by LostSailor:I was at the JT 17 show in Seattle and IWF as a spontaneous closer was so refreshing. I left the stadium on a high wanting more U2! Seattle may have been the best JT 17 show... A Sort of Homecomimg, Little Things, Eddie Vedder singing Mother's of the Disappeared, and the IWF mentioned above. That was a great May Sunday night!
    For sure Seattle was great
  8. Yes Seattle was great despite the Larry's mistake at the start of SBS
    Nevertheless I enjoyed Croke Park and finally got the NYD long version.
    Concerning the tapes I guess there is also an unsurfaced audience recording
  9. The problem with u2 is, they hardly know their own songs how to play live on stage. Automatic pilot, prerecorded backing tracks, lazyness of the brandmelders.

I was a big fan of U2 live, at the moment it is a bit over now. I actually like the album version more.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:5 years to the day

Still among the best moments of my entire life ✅

And still the most disappointing U2 show overall from the 11 I've seen

But it's good to remember it anyway ☘️

That's exactly how I felt after the opening night in Vancouver. So many "firsts" to be excited about but these were offset to a by a few disappointing aspects. Like you though, it's still a good memory to have.
  11. Near enough to the weekend for this one....Turn it up loud captain..Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah.. New Multi-Cam from Croke Park