2017-07-22 - Dublin
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. lol
  2. One could interpret the getting well comment in a couple different directions.
  3. I was thinking about health
  4. And thanks for this episod that I have missed
  5. Just watched around an hour of this (skipped side 2 and the happy meal section). I think I’m now ready to accept that this was a great night. It might not have went stratospheric as it might have ought to but when the band are all done and dusted I very much imagine that ill look back fondly at videos from this show.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:Just watched around an hour of this (skipped side 2 and the happy meal section). I think I’m now ready to accept that this was a great night. It might not have went stratospheric as it might have ought to but when the band are all done and dusted I very much imagine that ill look back fondly at videos from this show.
    Yeah well, in the end it all comes down to the expectations you have vs what you get. We were expecting a superb night with an unbelievable setlist and a few nods to the only hometown gig and an extra dose of energy from the band, and we got a standard show which had only one positive surprise and it didn't even have to do with the music. Was the show bad? No, by any means. Even experienced fans that are not as fussy and touchy as us diehards had a great time and look back at the show as a stellar night. It's just a handful of freaks who complain about not getting to hear this or that tune, or the lack of surprises or hometown nods. The biggest band in the world just played a regular show and that means they played a better show than most other bands out there.

And still acknowledging all that doesn't make my opinion on the show change a little bit. I remember jumping up and down in absolute excitement when I walked into Pitch2 of Croke Park, greeted Remy and Coen at first row and walked back to my spot of choice... I was just buzzing, hoping to have the night of my life. I just wish I could go back in time and walk into Croke Park again with different expectations. Would have been happier.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah well, in the end it all comes down to the expectations you have vs what you get. We were expecting a superb night with an unbelievable setlist and a few nods to the only hometown gig and an extra dose of energy from the band, and we got a standard show which had only one positive surprise and it didn't even have to do with the music. Was the show bad? No, by any means. Even experienced fans that are not as fussy and touchy as us diehards had a great time and look back at the show as a stellar night. It's just a handful of freaks who complain about not getting to hear this or that tune, or the lack of surprises or hometown nods. The biggest band in the world just played a regular show and that means they played a better show than most other bands out there.

And still acknowledging all that doesn't make my opinion on the show change a little bit. I remember jumping up and down in absolute excitement when I walked into Pitch2 of Croke Park, greeted Remy and Coen at first row and walked back to my spot of choice... I was just buzzing, hoping to have the night of my life. I just wish I could go back in time and walk into Croke Park again with different expectations. Would have been happier.
    My experience is probably influenced by the fact, that we were on seats and saw just half of tree stage because of the huge tent of sound desk - and those tickets weren't sold with limited view. And we saw half of the stadium went on beer break after WOWY and went home after One.
    But also band looked tired (like if they were out of energy), Bono was making mistakes in reading all thanks on teleprompter (and once went closer to see it better). And of course very standard set for homecoming gig with really weird snippet (America).
    Amsterdam few days later was much much better.
  8. I wasn’t at that particular show but even as a die hard fan the idea of the band playing side 2 of JT was enough for me. Obviously there was no surprise factor but it didn’t matter it was the first time I was hearing the last 6 songs of JT live. Then at the show I was at we got Little Things which at the time was a massive plus and is an even bigger plus now that they didn’t play it on any tours since. Dublin got that as well. Even little details like hearing ISHFWILF and One sang in full by Bono rather than him leaving the mic to the crowd, these were all things that made my particular JT2017 show special. That was me having big expectations as well as a die hard fan. Dublin definitely wouldn’t have disappointed me based on what I’ve seen and heard.
  9. Watch the multicam on YouTube if you were there. It’s way more joyous than it seemed at the time. Amsterdam was much tighter and better for me but Dublin is doing well in the hindsight stakes.
  10. In general, The JT Tour was a disappointment to me, not that the concerts were bad, but I was missing something. The songs were played on autopilot in my opinion and had nothing extra. Only Bad was the positive exception.